ADVERTISEMENT

Drake Anderson has only played in 2 games

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
Do we see him against Minnesota and Illinois, or will he be saved for the championship and bowl game?

Do we have to declare ahead of time if he is using one of his 4 "red-shirt" season games before we play him or can we decide at any point in the game?

Thanks Hdhntr. Glad Purple Purgatory is not Chateau Bow-Wow.

Before Armstrong was disgraced, the Nebraska Women's Basketball Team nicknamed their "Purple Purgatory" as the "Lance Armstrong Club," since sometimes their workouts were limited to the stationary bike.

I guess there are two trains of thought here...play him vs. Minny and Illinois and sit him for BIG championship game and bowl game vs. hold him for the next two as insurance should an injury occur - which would allow him to play in B1G and bowl game. Not an easy decision.

I guess there are two trains of thought here...play him vs. Minny and Illinois and sit him for BIG championship game and bowl game vs. hold him for the next two as insurance should an injury occur - which would allow him to play in B1G and bowl game. Not an easy decision.

What about the 3rd train of thought - burn his and everyone's shirt, if they're the best players for today.

(1) You can only win today, who knows about 3 years from now
(2) Winning today = better recruiting tomorrow and less need for older players
(3) Players have limited reps, and often get hurt = see Moten and Vault

What about the 3rd train of thought - burn his and everyone's shirt, if they're the best players for today.

That philosophy is already being enacted...both got carries vs. Rutgers. Bowser emerged and his shirt was burned in order to win now.

Reactions: zeek55
Do we see him against Minnesota and Illinois, or will he be saved for the championship and bowl game?
Unless Bowser gets injured, I don't seem him until the last two games. When he does come in I see NU running a designed play for him either to mitigate Bowser's loss at Illinois or to grab momentum in a big game. His skill set is different than Bowser's so he would be a nice change up if NU is ready to use him that way.

They're not going to burn Drake's shirt unless needed.

Bowser is the feature back; he'll play 4 straight year now. There's no point to burning Drake's shirt unless he has to play.

Reactions: drewjin
They're not going to burn Drake's shirt unless needed.

Bowser is the feature back; he'll play 4 straight year now. There's no point to burning Drake's shirt unless he has to play.
Well I would think that after watching Vault imitating a RB today, that Anderson better be at the ready, unless one of the other walking wounded recover.

Well I would think that after watching Vault imitating a RB today, that Anderson better be at the ready, unless one of the other walking wounded recover.

Your statement demonstrates the wisdom of Solomon.

At this point, given he has 2 games left to redshirt; might as well save them for Indy and the bowl game.

I think it's nearly certain he's going to play more this year; there's just no point to burning his shirt when it's just Illinois left on the regular season.

At this point, given he has 2 games left to redshirt; might as well save them for Indy and the bowl game.

I think it's nearly certain he's going to play more this year; there's just no point to burning his shirt when it's just Illinois left on the regular season.
Totally agree.

Wondering if Brown is going to get a medical redshirt ? I thought he started practicing a couple weeks ago at least that is what Fitz said.....but have not seen him a lick

Wondering if Brown is going to get a medical redshirt ? I thought he started practicing a couple weeks ago at least that is what Fitz said.....but have not seen him a lick

Would likely be hard to get a med red if he’s back practicing in full.

Because Bowser is taking pretty much all the carries anyway and travel parties are limited in number? Dunno.

True, but I recall Brown having a fairly significant role on special teams in the past. Also, seen a few head scratchers on the travel squad...which was increased by 4 this year. In any case, don’t worry about this thread, you’ve got much bigger battles on your hand...keep fighting that douchebag. Make Wildcat Report great again!

True, but I recall Brown having a fairly significant role on special teams in the past. Also, seen a few head scratchers on the travel squad...which was increased by 4 this year. In any case, don’t worry about this thread, you’ve got much bigger battles on your hand...keep fighting that douchebag. Make Wildcat Report great again!
Don't forget that Fitz brings 4 young guys who won't play on each road trip, to give them the experience of an Away game......

The depth of the roster has improved over the past couple years such that I’m not 100% sure Brown is a “core teams” guy, especially if he isn’t healthy.

We are more athletic than at any point in recent memory, especially on defense. Those young guys will be the core special teams guys. Just hoping that recruiting depth carries over to offense. Then we will REALLY be on to something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT