ADVERTISEMENT

DU @ NU Prediction Thread

You're wrong.

Walked by the lake today.

Hilinski looks really solid. He's zoned in and a clear leader.

Not sure what the score will be but Northwestern will win.

I'm glad you think the NU squad looks good, but until everybody plays two games, there's no way to mathematically compare teams.

Here's some info about Duke...
Their new head coach, Mike Elko, is a former defensive coordinator at Bowling Green, Wake Forest, Notre Dame and most recently Texas A&M for 4 years.

Duke was only favored by 9.5 over Temple, but won 30-0. It was their first shutout against an FBS opponent since 1989.

On the other hand, Duke has failed to cover the spread in its last 8 road games.

However, that was under their previous head coach.

So it is rather difficult to assess Duke vs Northwestern in week 2.

Thats why the money line, Duke 2.85 - 1 seems like a good bet to me. Duke, in my opinion, has a better than 26% chance to beat us. I would think that line would be about 1.3 - 1, or about 43.5%.

Doesn't mean I'm not thrilled with our performance against Nebraska. Merely saying the point spread is too high and that I expect a competitive game.

I am concerned about the speed of our linebackers in coverage against Duke's speed....hope I am wrong...Duke will also have some tricks up their sleeves...Fitz is not a trickster (course there was Auburn) but maybe he has one or two today that make the difference.

One of the keys on defense is to contain the running of their QB. I think our OL can control the LOS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT