ADVERTISEMENT

Duke @ Northwestern Open Thread

MacrayCat

Aug 17, 2016
Both Louie and I are in the box tonight. Fire away questions, comments, rants, etc.

Gotta love to way the OL came out of the box. Plenty of room for JJ to maneuver and Clayton had enough time to throw.

What's so hard about that? Let's keep scoring!

A major positive of that initial drive was overcoming the penalty to keep the drive alive.

Looks like the Defense came to play today as well. Oh, I forgot with the late start it is already bedtime for the Dukies.

Nice hands by Dickerson. I've been critical but have to give him his props on that one.

That sack is on Thorson. Poor read and needs to chuck the ball in the stands before taking sack.

Ant is invisible. Even saw Nathan Fox for 2 plays.

Horrible punt by Niswander. Can't punt that one in the end zone.

NU's first drive: 10 plays, 75 yards, TD
NU since: 18 plays, 66 yards, 3 punts

Underrated aspect of the game, but Flynn Nagel has been a massive upgrade returning punts. He knows when to fair catch and that was a nice return. Way better than the past couple years.

Clayton has to keep the defense honest on that read option. Needs to keep it a few times.

Defensive line was manhandled on that drive. Pitiful. The OL has justifiable been criticized this year but the DL has not been a lot better. Lots of talent, no production. Whose fault is that?

Ant just not playing well. He was standing by as Duke scored the TD.

What the hell is Vault doing on that return? That was horrible.

So much for the DT position being deep and the strength of the D-line; haven't seen much penetration by them all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT