ADVERTISEMENT

Early Recruits are exciting

ToledoCat

Dec 7, 2007
It feels great to start getting recruits now. Past years of speculating in June who we would sign caused great anxiety. I think getting to a Jan 1 Bowl and 10 wins sure helped. Not a a big penalty for a disappointing result in Tampa - the month long anticipation and season I think helped with some great gets just landed. Recruiting is everything in major sports.. On Recruiting:1) I think the D Line is over time is critical. A stout Line and pressure on the passing game keeps a team competitive. D Line you need 6-8 guys and play in a rotation. The early success with D Line recruits for 2017 is fantastic. 2) After D Line - I think CB is next are of focus. We seem to have upgraded the talent there. CBs are exposed on every play. 3) QB touches the ball on every play but you play one guy plus need a back-up. Its hard for a dual threat QB to go injury free and lack of a QB paralyzes a team. You should get a QB every year to allow development. Fitz has done well although some well regarded recruits have not developed as well as hoped. While those 3 positions are critical - it doesn't mean you can have gaps at the rest of the positions - for NU we have not had a lot of luck at receiver - hope this year changes that. But Great start Fitz. Hope he can keep up with CC who is building a roster of legit D1 power conference players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT