ADVERTISEMENT

Early season B1G game times

2 Friday night games seems weird - Duke and Maryland.
That is unexpected - I thought they may avoid night games as the lighting may be challenging. Even the temporary lighting standards at Ryan seemed to create odd shadows/angles for both players and TV (and may have caused DA2 to drop that TD in 2000).

Reactions: NUCat320
That is unexpected - I thought they may avoid night games as the lighting may be challenging. Even the temporary lighting standards at Ryan seemed to create odd shadows/angles for both players and TV (and may have caused DA2 to drop that TD in 2000).
Having the Eastern Illinois game at night means two of the first three under lights. Hopefully the lighting is strong enough to not cause major issues but strange enough that our guys have a slight advantage having practiced under them.

Having the Eastern Illinois game at night means two of the first three under lights. Hopefully the lighting is strong enough to not cause major issues but strange enough that our guys have a slight advantage having practiced under them.
The soccer team has played night games for years, so I would imagine it works fine.

New student week starts 9/17. Upperclassmen should be at that night game.

That schedule really stinks for me. Because of travel, and having twin 2-year-olds, night games are really really tough. If I am able to get tickets, that means I will have to sell at least one of those night games, and possibly both. :(

That schedule really stinks for me. Because of travel, and having twin 2-year-olds, night games are really really tough. If I am able to get tickets, that means I will have to sell at least one of those night games, and possibly both. :(
One thing we don’t talk about much is the fact that the network now strongly dictate the times we play. Tge B1G gave up rights to determine the starting times. But then again, the channels are paying us a lot for that privilege.

DA2 had “The Bad Hands”. But it’s nice that his most memorable play — a mistake — came in a most memorable victory.

Gary Danielson said the UM players were consoling DA2 after the drop. I don’t know if he took consolation in “nice f*cking drop, now y’all f*cking lost, loser”, however.

The soccer team has played night games for years, so I would imagine it works fine.
Soccer is played mostly at ground level, and the aerial kicks do not usually require the precision of sight lines to look the ball into one’s hands on the run or catch a punt.

Soccer is played mostly at ground level, and the aerial kicks do not usually require the precision of sight lines to look the ball into one’s hands on the run or catch a punt.
You ever try to kick a soccer ball when it’s in the air?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT