ADVERTISEMENT

Eating Crow

Least you showed up for half the game.

I decided after UTEP I'd watch every game to the end regardless of result. Team didn't quit; we may lose games to better teams (next week could be brutal given Penn State looks like a national championship contender) but this team definitely has fight in it.

Happy for all of you that stuck through that for that incredible ending. Best home win for the fans in a while as Cappy pointed out.

Even the ones that didn't, you showed up for part of the game and that counts too.

Team needs all the support it can get; just happy to see that these guys never quit.

Students really walked out, guessing less than 1/4 of them remained
Lesson to everyone not to give up on this team (because they haven't quit).

I don't blame anyone for leaving early; we had a thread created here at 8pm proclaiming this the beginning of the 2nd Dark Age of NU football.

Other than Braun and the players, hard to believe anyone thought that 4th quarter magic would happen given where the program is/was at that point.

After grilled Walleye (in Minnesota) at half time, I turned on the TV again for the second half, thinking maybe, just maybe. Dismal through much of the third quarter, but something happened after they scored. Going into the fourth, a win or at least a close game seemed a possibility. Very exciting finish! Reminded me of a night game against Michigan State 6 years ago or so that went into overtime(s). Difference then was the stadium was packed.

Reactions: zeek55
I ate crow. Left at halftime. Anyone admit so too?

Turk on Facebook perhaps?
I unfortunately did not go. Had HS reunion and did not know until it was over. Got a text from Therese's Iowa nephew saying Cardiac Cats back

Had tried to make sure my tickets (and parking ) were used but could not find takers

I unfortunately did not go. Had HS reunion and did not know until it was over. Got a text from Therese's Iowa nephew saying Cardiac Cats back

Had tried to make sure my tickets (and parking ) were used but could not find takers
Same here.

Was ready to leave at 31-10 but told myself if NU scored a TD on their next drive I'd stick it out. They did, and I did, and it was fantastic.
It was about the 3rd home game I have missed since beginning of 1995 (I missed Miami that year, another time for a wedding and this time for HS reunion) But when there I never leave

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT