ADVERTISEMENT

Emoni Bates commits

elgatoloco

May 29, 2001
The No. 1 2022 prospect just announced he's committing to Michigan State.

Pretty nice pickup for Izzo. Bates said he was the only college coach actively recruiting him.

Um, next year he'll be attending a school his dad is starting right now. One of those bball academies with eight students.

There's a reason he only got one call.

Um, next year he'll be attending a school his dad is starting right now. One of those bball academies with eight students.

There's a reason he only got one call.

the reason is that everyone expected him to skip to the NBA directly. Covid may delay the removal of the one and done system so now Bates may end up a year in college. By all accounts he is the best since Lebron. He won national player of the year as a soph, something even Lebron didn’t do.

I went and watched Emoni play this past winter.

I would put him with Steve Alford and Glenn Robinson as the best high school players I’ve watched in person.

For the past two years he's been at my son's team camp and fall leagues. All you can do is hope he's bored.

Yes, good chance he won't play in college, but he also might decide to enjoy the college experience for a year. There's also a chance he'll reclassify for 2021. If you're Coach K or John Calipari, why wouldn't you put in a call?

His dad's no fool. Top Michigan players have been going to Ohio and elsewhere to play at academies. He started up his own AAU club and must be getting some pretty sweet Nike cash.

More rumblings that may reclassify (makes sense if there is no season or a truncated one).

Some think that Nike or Adidas (UA seems to be hurting for $) will offer him a huge shoe deal, which would mean Izzo being sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT