ADVERTISEMENT

Epps leaving ILL

Been expected for awhile. He wanted a bigger NIL than the coaches wanted to give him and guaranteed point guard job. Illinois is getting a better point guard. Epps is better off the ball. Good luck to him. As I said in a different thread, this is the new normal. 19 of the 40 starters in the Elite 8 were transfers. Only one true freshman started.

I will be surprised if Melendez doesn’t enter the portal. Word is Underwood wants him to stay and Melendez wants to stay, but he is being pushed by family/Miami friends to leave.

No shortage of talent in the portal. Plan is to bring in 3-4 (a point, a combo, a wing and a big) to go with Rodgers, Dainja, Goode, Harris. Add in top 60 freshman Hansberry and freshman guard Gibbs-Lawhorn plus the expected return of Shannon and Hawkins. Shannon and Hawkins will enter the draft but a good chance they will return.

Anyway, should be competitive next year.

Been expected for awhile. He wanted a bigger NIL than the coaches wanted to give him and guaranteed point guard job. Illinois is getting a better point guard. Epps is better off the ball. Good luck to him. As I said in a different thread, this is the new normal. 19 of the 40 starters in the Elite 8 were transfers. Only one true freshman started.

I will be surprised if Melendez doesn’t enter the portal. Word is Underwood wants him to stay and Melendez wants to stay, but he is being pushed by family/Miami friends to leave.

No shortage of talent in the portal. Plan is to bring in 3-4 (a point, a combo, a wing and a big) to go with Rodgers, Dainja, Goode, Harris. Add in top 60 freshman Hansberry and freshman guard Gibbs-Lawhorn plus the expected return of Shannon and Hawkins. Shannon and Hawkins will enter the draft but a good chance they will return.

All this for a first weekend exit from the Tourney? Sounds about right.

Reactions: NTCAT and nycat33

Shannon makes the difference. If he doesn't come back, that's a middle-of-the-pack B1G roster. If he does, they're a top 2-3 talent team. Of course, they were a top 2-3 talent team this past year, and we can see where it got them.

Reactions: drewjin
Shannon makes the difference. If he doesn't come back, that's a middle-of-the-pack B1G roster. If he does, they're a top 2-3 talent team. Of course, they were a top 2-3 talent team this past year, and we can see where it got them.
Into the tourney for the third straight year and fifth in the big ten? I’ve seen worse seasons as an Illinois fan.

Into the tourney for the third straight year and fifth in the big ten? I’ve seen worse seasons as an Illinois fan.

GIF by After The Reality

At the risk of getting this thread back on topic:
This excerpt from the Illini fan website from the original post was amusing to me:
"While I wish nothing but the best for Epps and his career moving forward, nothing would make me happier as a fan than meeting up against him in some capacity and having Sencire Harris shut him down defensively. Illinois is going to move on from Epps and be stronger than ever.
How are we going to get stronger? It has to come from the transfer portal now. It is all hands on deck at this point. I had Epps projected in my starting lineup, and now he is gone."
(emphasis mine)

Stellar writing here, basically contradicting his own subheading: "Illinois basketball just lost one of the best players on the team to the transfer portal."

Delusion to a similar level to Purdue and Indiana fans.

At the risk of getting this thread back on topic:
This excerpt from the Illini fan website from the original post was amusing to me:
"While I wish nothing but the best for Epps and his career moving forward, nothing would make me happier as a fan than meeting up against him in some capacity and having Sencire Harris shut him down defensively. Illinois is going to move on from Epps and be stronger than ever.
How are we going to get stronger? It has to come from the transfer portal now. It is all hands on deck at this point. I had Epps projected in my starting lineup, and now he is gone."
(emphasis mine)

Stellar writing here, basically contradicting his own subheading: "Illinois basketball just lost one of the best players on the team to the transfer portal."

Delusion to a similar level to Purdue and Indiana fans.
Good player !

How the hell did it get un-suspended?
Suspensions can be set to last for any length of time. In the case of our good friend here, his only lasted a week, and he's been free to post this whole month. Though, I guess it's hard to troll when your team flames out of the tourney in the first round before your rival and has the same number of tourney wins as said rival over the last decade.

Reactions: drewjin
Suspensions can be set to last for any length of time. In the case of our good friend here, his only lasted a week, and he's been free to post this whole month. Though, I guess it's hard to troll when your team flames out of the tourney in the first round before your rival and has the same number of tourney wins as said rival over the last decade.
I had no idea I was suspended, I just assumed I was banned permanently! Thanks honey, I appreciate it! 😘

NW’s season yielded *one* more conference win and *one* more NCAAT win than Illinois’s season. Yet, NW fans are calling it magical and Illinois fans are pissed off and want blood. I’m not sure you’re dunking on your “rivals” like you think.

But if this is your peak, enjoy it. All time record favors us by 100 games head to head. You deserve your moment in the sun. You know I’ll have to log back on here and gloat the minute that history repeats itself with Collins trying to follow up a tourney team with the same roster and flaming out hard

I had no idea I was suspended, I just assumed I was banned permanently! Thanks honey, I appreciate it! 😘

NW’s season yielded *one* more conference win and *one* more NCAAT win than Illinois’s season. Yet, NW fans are calling it magical and Illinois fans are pissed off and want blood. I’m not sure you’re dunking on your “rivals” like you think.

But if this is your peak, enjoy it. All time record favors us by 100 games head to head. You deserve your moment in the sun. Enjoy it bitch. You know I’ll have to log back on here and gloat the minute that history repeats itself with Collins trying to follow up a tourney team with the same roster and flaming out hard
If there were ever a little brother post, this would be it.

Thank you it’s great to be back. For the record I never left. My account was suspended.
Yup, seems like those in power aren’t really high on discussions especially ones they don’t agree with….

Sorry a board representing one of the elite set of schools including a renown law school seems to be so closed minded and elitest.

Now, should we review some of those fantastic posts you made while you were still privileged :)

Just cap him permanently. He is a moron living in his Mothers basement in Calumet City.
Or man up and talk the talk. Seriously, why are soooo many people afraid of words. Is this like medieval times and the royalty that words outside the allowed will result in losing their fiefdom?

You people are supposed to be smart. You should look forward to opportunities to bring the lessor minds to their knees as the sole punishment for wandering here and talking sh1t.

What a bunch of sissies…

Explains why your shit all comes all the other end while providing you a substation for the missing brain matter.

(See NU people - use your words, stop crying to Cappy for some stupid safe space!)
You scared him off.

If he comes back, I'm going to ask him (as an outsider) to evaluate our coach.

Or man up and talk the talk. Seriously, why are soooo many people afraid of words. Is this like medieval times and the royalty that words outside the allowed will result in losing their fiefdom?

You people are supposed to be smart. You should look forward to opportunities to bring the lessor minds to their knees as the sole punishment for wandering here and talking sh1t.

What a bunch of sissies…
Nothing to discuss here Bob. He has to bring an actual thought versus insults.

Cappy did you ban him?

I saw a bunch of comments deleted, but it would be nice if you could just type a sentence to tell the rest of us what actions you took. Transparency is helpful.

Cappy did you ban him?

I saw a bunch of comments deleted, but it would be nice if you could just type a sentence to tell the rest of us what actions you took. Transparency is helpful.
I did not ban him, though I removed many of the comments that could best be described as coming from mental midgets in their content. For the most part he had been one of those reasonably good-natured Illini trolls that I let stick around like combes and Fighter of the Nightman, so we'll see. Plus we've all been waiting for his return.

I did not ban him, though I removed many of the comments that could best be described as coming from mental midgets in their content. For the most part he had been one of those reasonably good-natured Illini trolls that I let stick around like combes and Fighter of the Nightman, so we'll see. Plus we've all been waiting for his return.
Mental midgetry may soon be an Olympic sport. Cappy is taking a valiant stand, although MM's propagation rate is approaching chicken wings.

You realize having other school fans participate here is a good thing. Means relevance. Means website traffic.

Maybe try engaging them and using your NU intelligence to beat on the ones that you don’t like. Seriously, we are supposed to be a smart bunch, not a collection of snowflakes.

I promise neither vassar nor Combes is coming to beat you up and take your lunch money. Demonstrate your intellectual superiority…or don’t be one of those demanding NU retains its high admission standards cuz they let you in…

You realize having other school fans participate here is a good thing. Means relevance. Means website traffic.

Maybe try engaging them and using your NU intelligence to beat on the ones that you don’t like. Seriously, we are supposed to be a smart bunch, not a collection of snowflakes.

I promise neither vassar nor Combes is coming to beat you up and take your lunch money. Demonstrate your intellectual superiority…or don’t be one of those demanding NU retains its high admission standards cuz they let you in…
Whom are you talking to? Nobody wants either of them banned. And please don’t pretend that intelligence or superior reasoning has everr won an internet argument against a troll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT