ADVERTISEMENT

EXCLUSIVE: NU exploring all options for 2024 home football schedule

There was a “Meet Dave Braun” event on Friday. (He is a very friendly, personable guy.)
Got a couple of interesting comments from one of the staff people. I brought up the idiotic WI at Lambeau issue - he shook his head and said it is not happening. Maybe they do read the board.
We talked about the complexities of seat assignments in multiple venues. They are considering selling an area rather a seat so that there would be open seating in each area. Interesting approach and certainly makes life easier for the ticket office.

Reactions: ricko654321
There was a “Meet Dave Braun” event on Friday. (He is a very friendly, personable guy.)
Got a couple of interesting comments from one of the staff people. I brought up the idiotic WI at Lambeau issue - he shook his head and said it is not happening. Maybe they do read the board.
We talked about the complexities of seat assignments in multiple venues. They are considering selling an area rather a seat so that there would be open seating in each area. Interesting approach and certainly makes life easier for the ticket office.
Interesting, was the staff member from football or the athletic department? If the athletic department, they report to the guy who pitched the idea.....

Reactions: SimpsonElmwood
Interesting, was the staff member from football or the athletic department? If the athletic department, they report to the guy who pitched the idea.....
Athletic Dept.
I mentioned Gragg’s apparent comment to the NY alums. He did not specifically comment on that but it was when he said Lambeau was not happening.

How did you get the invite to meet Dave Braun? Just curious. Maybe mine is lost at usps.

New Gragg email this afternoon says they are close to announcing a final schedule and venues. It strongly suggests that Soldier Field will not be a viable option.

It's a high school field with high school seating capacity, It would be a huge embarrassment for NU to have to play there or any other high school venue.
Just thought I would let you guys know it was a joke.

Reactions: NUCat320
Seriously, we can be pretty sure that nobody in the athletic department started thinking about alternate home game sites until…the Ryan Field demolition started?

This really is wild and a bit embarrassing. Kansas will be playing in Arrowhead, and NU adjacent to a landfill with temporary stands in, like, Waukegan. Call it Gragg Field.

(This is speculation.)

Reactions: ricko654321
Seriously, we can be pretty sure that nobody in the athletic department started thinking about alternate home game sites until…the Ryan Field demolition started?

This really is wild and a bit embarrassing. Kansas will be playing in Arrowhead, and NU adjacent to a landfill with temporary stands in, like, Waukegan. Call it Gragg Field.

(This is speculation.)
Sometimes bureaucracies have too much inertia to act until a "forcing function" is imposed upon them. In this case, demolishing Ryan Field is the forcing function.

(This is speculation.)
Yes, this seems to be exactly how the process played out. No foresight whatsoever to consider where to play until, oh, about 2 months ago.

6 months out no schedule in place sounds like the athletic department is performing based on its leadership.

Combe Family VP for Athletics and Recreation ?

More like Jim O'Neill VP for Athletics and Recreation.

If I were the Combe family, I'd ask for a refund
“Seriously, can you just throw our name on a few Sociology professors and maybe a nameplate on a bench? We’ll call it even.”

Combe Family VP for Athletics and Recreation ?

More like Jim O'Neill VP for Athletics and Recreation.

If I were the Combe family, I'd ask for a refund
I was thinking the same, fair warning to anyone inclined to put their name to a position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT