ADVERTISEMENT

FCS (1AA) vs FBS (1A)

HappyNUyear

May 29, 2001
Chicago Area
We fans seem to forget (including myself) that 1AA (now FCS) and MAC (FBS) Teams have defeated Power 5 Teams on occasion. This sort of stuff happens. Yes, NU lost to WMU (FBS/1A) & Illinois State (FCS/1AA). Again stuff happens.

Listed are some (not all) FCS (1AA) victories over FBS

2015 - Eastern Washington (1AA) defeated ranked Washington State (PAC12), Richmond (1AA) defeated Virginia (ACC), Northern Iowa (1AA) defeated Iowa St (Big12) and ISU (1AA) defeated NU (B1G)

*2013 - Georgia Southern (1AA) defeated Florida (SEC), North Dakota St (1AA) defeated Kansas State (Big12), Eastern Washington (1AA) defeated ranked Oregon State (PAC12), Northern Iowa (1AA) defeated Iowa State (Big12)

*2010 - James Madison (1AA) defeated ranked Virginia Tech (ACC).

Yesterday Wisconsin struggles and comes from behind to defeat Georgia State of the Sun Belt Conference (FBS) 23-17, Western Michigan (MAC) rolls Illinois 34-10 and North Dakota State (1AA/FCS) defeats Iowa at Iowa City 23-21 and they shredded Iowa's rush defense. Louisville torched #3 Florida State 63-20.

-sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Oh, OK , so we can hope we are mediocre, not terrible. Thanks!

Did you watch either game? We got cuffed about the face and head, the games were not as close as the score indicated

More importantly, Mr September (Fitz) seems to have list his first month mojo

WMU is not the same as the tough NIU teams were, ISU is not five time defending champ FCS NDSU and Duke is not 2026 Duke

I want the team to improve but they don't need anyone researching excuses for them

Oh, OK , so we can hope we are mediocre, not terrible. Thanks!

Did you watch either game? We got cuffed about the face and head, the games were not as close as the score indicated

More importantly, Mr September (Fitz) seems to have list his first month mojo

WMU is not the same as the tough NIU teams were, ISU is not five time defending champ FCS NDSU and Duke is not 2026 Duke

I want the team to improve but they don't need anyone researching excuses for them
While I agree on ISU, tell IL and OK State that WMU is not a tough team. They have a shot of running the table in the MAC and getting a Big 5 bowl game or whatever they are called these days.

Oklahoma State did not play WMU last weekend, they played Central Michigan.

In addition, there are no excuses. Sometimes FCS Teams are just better prepared vs an FBS Team. Shit happens on College Football Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT