ADVERTISEMENT

Final Ranking

GECat2

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2012
I believe we will be ranked anywhere from #15 to #19 in the final polls.

Reactions: lunker35
Question is, will it carry through to next preseason rankings? I think because we lose Thorson, pollsters will not rank us although we will get some votes.

And in the 2019 preseason poll, unranked. Stanford will be about #15.

NU will be ranked in the final AP poll for the third time in the last 4 seasons. The last time that happened was 1940-'43.

Reactions: rmndcat and GECat2
I guess no higher than 19.

From the looks of it, no one below us moves above us and Miss St., Utah, and WVU drop below us to put us at #19 in final CFP rankings. I'd be surprised if Texas drops below us with the same record, but it's possible if they completely lay an egg.

From the looks of it, no one below us moves above us and Miss St., Utah, and WVU drop below us to put us at #19 in final CFP rankings. I'd be surprised if Texas drops below us with the same record, but it's possible if they completely lay an egg.

There are no final CFP rankings right? Or am I mistaken? We are not even in the top 25 of the AP, which is a joke.

There are no final CFP rankings right? Or am I mistaken? We are not even in the top 25 of the AP, which is a joke.
There's no postseason CFP; it's just the AP and Coaches polls.

I think we'll finish around 20-21 in the AP and 19 in the Coaches poll.

When do we find out
Jan 8 after the Alabama/Clemson game.

It's pretty simple though: we rise above Utah and Miss. State for sure as well as other teams that lost below them (Iowa State/Missouri). We probably move above Boise State since their game never happened.

I'd imagine we stay below Texas A&M and Fresno State in both polls.

We're below Army in the AP but above them in the Coaches poll; neither will change I'd imagine given both of us won.

Basically we should move up 3 slots in the Coaches to 19 and around 5-6 slots in the AP to 20-21.

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT