ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for Nebraska vs. NU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, I don't think we're going to get much of a crowd today. The weather probably scared some people off. One student section is about half full already, the other has a lot less.

I think this may be NU's best shot at a Big Ten win. I was looking at Nebraska's roster: they have EIGHT transfers (two jucos) and just one guy (Thorir Thorbjarnasaon, from Iceland) who played in last year's game vs. NU, if you can believe that. You expect turnover with a new coach, but good god. The Huskers' starting five features three transfers, an Icelander and a French guy.

Nebraska is also 0-3 in true road games this year.

Well, I don't think we're going to get much of a crowd today. The weather probably scared some people off. One student section is about half full already, the other has a lot less.

I think this may be NU's best shot at a Big Ten win. I was looking at Nebraska's roster: they have EIGHT transfers (two jucos) and just one guy (Thorir Thorbjarnasaon, from Iceland) who played in last year's game vs. NU, if you can believe that. You expect turnover with a new coach, but good god. The Huskers' starting five features three transfers, an Icelander and a French guy.

Nebraska is also 0-3 in true road games this year.
Nebraska.....Reykjavik's Big 10 Team!

Reactions: GatoLouco and lou v
Pete Nance had the 6-4 Dachon Burke guarding him and passed the ball out to the perimeter instead of taking the ball to the hole.

Gosh, Ryan Young makes an excellent post move and misses the one-footer.

Pat Spencer bringing the energy though. I think he's veteran enough to realize they've got to get this one. Could be an ugly game, but that's fine with me as long as the Cats come out on top.

And to think some people were writing Spencer off after the Purdue game. Dude is amazing

Nabraska might be the only team who we can score 70 on

Reactions: drewjin
And to think some people were writing Spencer off after the Purdue game. Dude is amazing

Nabraska might be the only team who we can score 70 on

Of course we jinx it, and he has a bad turnover.

I don't love the 17-footers from Jones, but if he's going to get a chunk of minutes he's going to have to prove he's an offensive threat somehow, so I guess we have to live with those. He has the stroke to knock them down... eventually.

Robbie Beran making his presence felt early. He's 2-3 from 3 and has 7 points, 2 rebounds and a block.

I could get used to this type of 3-point shooting from the Cats. Wow.

Beran has a sweet stroke. Turner is playing with confidence, too. Hope they keep the momentum into the half. It's a big drop off from Spencer to Greer when Pat leaves the floor, but again it's something we're just going to have to live with given the injuries.

I could get used to this type of 3-point shooting from the Cats. Wow.

Beran has a sweet stroke. Turner is playing with confidence, too. Hope they keep the momentum into the half. It's a big drop off from Spencer to Greer when Pat leaves the floor, but again it's something we're just going to have to live with given the injuries.
We have, on accession, shot it well. Providence comes to mind.

But today, shots tend to fall much more easily when they are not contested. Some of these 3’s are really wide open.

We have, on accession, shot it well. Providence comes to mind.

But today, shots tend to fall much more easily when they are not contested. Some of these 3’s are really wide open.

Sure. But recent squads couldn't hit any 3s, wide open or not. It seems like everyone on this team -- maybe with the exception of Nance -- thinks it's going in every time they let the ball go.

And while Nebraska is obviously a weak rebounding team, it has to be a confidence-builder for Jared Jones to get a couple of putbacks in a row.

Cats also rebounding well and mostly holding them to one shot. Really nice shooting by the Cats!

That was outstanding one-on-one defense from A.J. on the last play of the half. Just outstanding.

Nebraska left with a massive air-ball lingering in their minds to enter halftime. NU sports a 15-point lead.

Reactions: zbag51
Relatively balanced scoring, too:

Spencer: 12
Beran: 8
Kopp: 8
Turner: 6
Nance: 4
Jones: 4

Has Young ever not scored in a half this year? He's only had one field goal attempt. Will be interesting to see if that changes in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT