ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. Nebraska

Just listening to the radio, he's taken several short rests, which isn't standard Chase this year. And it's ok, he doesn't have to be on fire every game, Berry has him covered tonight and Boo's getting ready to draw fouls in bunches (I suspect).
Dare I say that maybe Boo/Chase should be taking LONG rests now? It's almost time to clear the benches. Boo has been fantastic tonight, he deserves a rest. Berry should only be in the game to get 30, but his last couple of shots did not look so good.

It seems like it's time to drive the lane. They're just tossing threes up now. Gotta score some more.

Reactions: drewjin
Despite a bad case of the slow legs and bricks late… a pretty damn impressive game all around. If this team gets a big hit stretch for 15 minutes like that in any given game it can beat nearly anybody.

Reactions: drewjin
What an impressive win. Chance to rest up for 2 days here and go for 6-3 on Saturday in a game we've gotta have.

The obvious is obvious (Berry! Boo! Audige gutting out and hitting 2 big buckets late to ice it! Nicholson shutting down Walker!). But as I posted elsewhere before the game, we needed Barnhizer, Martinelli and Verhoeven to soak up minutes. Barnhizer didn't have his best game, but he stayed on the floor. And Martinelli and Verhoeven completely came through. Nick looks like he belongs at this level. VERY encouraging.

Showed some toughness tonight, nice win.

Bonus: danny hurley blew another game and uconn lost. He is wasting their talent again.

Very nice win. Cats could not afford to lose this game and they did not. TY in the 1st half. Chase took us down the stretch. That thunderous jam by Chase on the miss by Ty in the 2nd half when Nebby was making a little run just shut them down.
Brooks is looking pretty good and Martinelli is easy to root for.
Now let’s beat Minny Saturday and go from there.

9 of 12 from the line tonight, which isn't great, but 4 for 4 at the end.
Wisconsin coach Gard said in his post-game presser that NU gets to the free throw line the most in the conference - said it as a compliment, and one reason why Wiscy lost to us. Tonight we won with the three, though we ended up "only" 11-30 36.7% but Tyberry was on fire and demoralized Neb, and Chase finished them off.

That got scary for a while, but we righted the ship by taking it to the hoop again. That put-back slam by Chase was one of the best plays by a 'Cat in a long time.

I really like this team. Boo, Chase, and Ty make up a really strong backcourt--possibly the best in the B1G. Nicholson is limited, but he doesn't try to do too much and thus contributes efficiently. Most of the time, when he touches the ball on offense it is for a dunk, and he is a force on defense. Barnhizer is improving, and you can see his confidence building. Even Martinelli is showing a bit of promise. Fun times.

Last edited:
I just love that we have multiple guys who can get hot on any night and score. I think Chase, Boo, Berry and Beran have all had 20 point games this season. I think Barnhizer might have one coming.
We beat Neb by 15 on a night Beran scored zero points, 0-3 from the field, all three point attempts. We got a solid 10 minutes from Martinelli, who scored 4 points on 2-3 shooting with that lefty floater. Berry and Buie were 50% or better from three, 6-12 and 3-5 respectively, but the rest of the team was only 3-13. It was a satisfying win.

I just love that we have multiple guys who can get hot on any night and score. I think Chase, Boo, Berry and Beran have all had 20 point games this season. I think Barnhizer might have one coming.
Barnhizer almost got one against UIC a month ago, finishing with 18. It's coming!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT