ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. Nebraska

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (13-5, 4-3 Big Ten) hits the road to play at Nebraska (10-10, 3-6 Big Ten) at 6 p.m. on FS2. This marks the second of five games for the Wildcats as they make up for their COVID cancellations.

Already known for having a tight rotation this season, Northwestern will be without Julian Roper tonight, he has been ruled out with an ankle injury. Ty Berry has been designated probable, also with an ankle injury.

Nebraska had to have some of that good corn. They are hitting everything they throw up.

Baseline drive by Brooks was a dunk. Man up and throw it down.

Reactions: drewjin
Very exciting half! I'm listening to WGN and it sounds like a game I wish I was at. Both teams are shooting at least 50%, how crazy is that?

Sounds like Nebby is trying to wear the Cats out for the second half grind.

Also sounds like Chase is pretty beat from the Wisky game.

Reactions: zbag51 and drewjin
Very exciting half! I'm listening to WGN and it sounds like a game I wish I was at. Both teams are shooting at least 50%, how crazy is that?

Sounds like Nebby is trying to wear the Cats out for the second half grind.

Also sounds like Chase is pretty beat from the Wisky game.
Chase looks fine IMO, he’s just missed a few open looks. Nothing too unusual.

NU has played so much better than I thought we would this season. Very impressive. Please close out this game with the W. 5-3 at this point would already be 1.5 more wins than I expected in the B10 this season. Congratulations to these guys so far this season. I am very impressed by the overall toughness of the team and also the staff this season.

A few too many fouls for my liking, but building a 21-point lead is a good way to offset that.

If that full court blow by Euro step finish was tired Audige, I can't wait to see him with fresh legs.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
I haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long time. Keep rolling, Cats. Berry with season high 21 at the half, and he still knocking them down for a career high.

He look tired after that Euro step?
It’s impossible to evaluate such things. But tiredness usually reveals itself towards the end of the half. He looked less active, less aggressive than usual. Who knows, he could be letting the game come to him. But that’s less aggressiveness than who he normally is. Again, it’s a guess influenced by the same sense seeing him against WI

Just listening to the radio, he's taken several short rests, which isn't standard Chase this year. And it's ok, he doesn't have to be on fire every game, Berry has him covered tonight and Boo's getting ready to draw fouls in bunches (I suspect).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT