ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. ISU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
A few new names on the Inactive List this week, most notably Coco and Kent.

Wow...great first drive. Hull looked really good.

**Edit - All 3 backs had their moments. Hull just looked hungry.

We may only pass a handful of times today, why bother the way we can apparently run all over them.

Thank god ISU is not good, did not like what I saw on defense their. Let's hope we can improve.

Love our OL play so far but my lord are our LBs terrible.

The good news: we might be good enough to win the MVC this year. Hunter looks great and our offense is working on the run game against an inferior opponent.

The bad news: our small DL is still getting blown off the ball at key points by ISU’s OL.

BJo should have wrapped up for a TFL. Instead he gave up two yards for the first. Bad player or bad coaching?

If our defense has a difficult time with ISU how are we going to do against Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan? We may shut them out but they do not look good at all!

BJo should have wrapped up for a TFL. Instead he gave up two yards for the first. Bad player or bad coaching?
I think his eyes lit up with pick 6 visions and the WR did a nice job of getting position. We want BoJo trying to make big plays like that.

Thankfully Mitchell remembers how to tackle. Maybe he can give the rest of our secondary some tips at halftime.

It may not be today, but I see a pass coming out of that "motion QB and run Wildcat" if teams dont stay with Hunter.

Also, Hunter needs to step into that throw to Kirtz more. Did some of that in week 1...cant do it on that throw there.

ISU will continue to throw uncovered if we dont cover down or at least attempt to apex the slot.

The good news is MSU looks good. They went 75 yds again for a TD on their first play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT