ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. MSU

not impressed with tyus, no cuts, too slow to the hole and cant break a tackle so far. Clair looked way better.
He is a true freshman in his first game. There's a reason guys like Bowser and Porter didn't really emerge until later in the season.

Reactions: mountaindrew
He is a true freshman in his first game. There's a reason guys like Bowser and Porter didn't really emerge until later in the season.
Agree, but why are we still throwing screen passes to him in the red zone. I'd rather see Clair out there for that.

Reactions: mountaindrew
Agree, but why are we still throwing screen passes to him in the red zone. I'd rather see Clair out there for that.
No idea. So much that is questionable about this effort so far.

Man oh man, is this the new rant board? Cheer up guys, it isn't like you got left behind in an enemy occupied country with the enemy getting billions of dollars in nice new military equipment. We lost one of the best defensive minds to ever coach college football. We lost two really good linebackers. We will have some adjusting to do and we will have to see if these linebackers step up. Nothing but love for you all. #GoCats

Offense hasn't scored but had some decent looks. Around 200 yards by halftime. Defense looks horrendous.
Yeah, if anything, the OL just isn’t there tonight, but as a whole they are actually doing something.

The defense is blowing assignments left and right. I expected them to take a step or two back, but this first half has been so much worse than anticipated.

I don't know if we'll come back, but that score does make me feel better.

Man oh man, is this the new rant board? Cheer up guys, it isn't like you got left behind in an enemy occupied country with the enemy getting billions of dollars in nice new military equipment. We lost one of the best defensive minds to ever coach college football. We lost two really good linebackers. We will have some adjusting to do and we will have to see if these linebackers step up. Nothing but love for you all. #GoCats
It’s a matter of expectations. With the uptick I recruiting and the “next man up” rhetoric, we had pretty high expectations. It’s not that we are losing but until this drive we have shown very little on either side of the ball. We can still win this but it will require coming out of halftime with a different level of performance. And a stop here!

Reactions: ThirdCoast
Hey CC... good to see you my man!

Reactions: CrippleCat
Thank god.... both on the kick and the fact that Joseph didn't get hurt on that return.

Reactions: TerraCat
Hunter is absolutely not the problem
I hope you guys are right, but it just seems so disjointed when he's out there, yet Peyton made it look like a pretty smooth machine. Going into last year, we had lost a lot of guys on offense too.

NU D on pace to give up 42 points a day 600 yards. Offense has had its moments, including setting up our 9th year senior kicker to miss one.

D has done almost nothing right
Msu racked up 300 yrds in 9 minutes.
We held the ball like 18 minutes in the first half.

I hope you guys are right, but it just seems so disjointed when he's out there, yet Peyton made it look like a pretty smooth machine. Going into last year, we had lost a lot of guys on offense too.
Last year’s offense had it’s moments, but it was not the reason the ‘Cats won the division. The defense forced so many turnovers and set them up in plus territory on many occasions.

Ramsey was clunky at times in several games. Loved what he did, but it wasn’t like the Persa or Kafka years. There were issues at times.

Terrible coaching of our WRs: Malik Washington, your defender is not looking back and you have a slightly underthrown ball... FORCE THE CONTACT. Get the PI, 15 yards, First Down. Our guys are not playing smart.

Good call. That was a big, slow linebacker too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT