ADVERTISEMENT

NU FB lawsuits

That’s hilarious. Egregious enough activity to fire a coach with a sterling reputation but not egregious enough to punish the alleged perpetrators. That’s some tightrope you are walking.
Sterling reputation doesn’t work for legal matters. Everyone has a sterling reputation until they do something wrong for the first time.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Sterling reputation doesn’t work for legal matters. Everyone has a sterling reputation until they do something wrong for the first time.
You forgot to include allegedly. The report which showed no evidence Fitz knew and all the protocols Hank detailed lead to me believe Fitz was railroaded. If evidence comes to light that Fitz did something wrong, I will change my tune. Until then, I’m going to believe the guy who ran the cleanest program in the country for nearly 2 decades.

Also, you don’t mention anything about going after the actual perpetrators. Fascinating.

On the contrary, looking at what has been transpiring at other campuses across the country Schill is starting to be seen in a much stronger light for his handling of the Deering protests.

A thread about this was briefly posted and Capped last weekend, but I thought Schill handled it respectfully and forthrightly and generally peacefully.

No violence on campus. No professors thrown to the ground. Just a protest, a counter-protest, some flag waving, some sloganeering, and a pretty non-commital negotiated settlement.

Students can claim victory, admin can claim order. Admin showed respect for the students and their viewpoints, which doesn’t seem to have happened in most places (especially when intermingled with grandstanding politicians).

You forgot to include allegedly. The report which showed no evidence Fitz knew and all the protocols Hank detailed lead to me believe Fitz was railroaded. If evidence comes to light that Fitz did something wrong, I will change my tune. Until then, I’m going to believe the guy who ran the cleanest program in the country for nearly 2 decades.

Also, you don’t mention anything about going after the actual perpetrators. Fascinating.
Anyone notice more BA whistleblowers have surfaced. Bet the CEO doesn’t make anywhere near his self declared step down date. Bet he also knew nothing about the particulars involved. CEO means responsible for all things. Many CEOs make a point to know everything about their organization. Others are too head strong and shocked when they get axed for the problems occurring under their nose.

A thread about this was briefly posted and Capped last weekend, but I thought Schill handled it respectfully and forthrightly and generally peacefully.

No violence on campus. No professors thrown to the ground. Just a protest, a counter-protest, some flag waving, some sloganeering, and a pretty non-commital negotiated settlement.

Students can claim victory, admin can claim order. Admin showed respect for the students and their viewpoints, which doesn’t seem to have happened in most places (especially when intermingled with grandstanding politicians).
I notice that some other posts in this thread got Capped, too.

• Haha
3 more lawsuits v NUFB and the Golden Boy. These include allegations about informing staff. Nathan Fox is only named plaintiff. Liking my side of my bet more and more. There are now over 50 former players alleging hazing. Lots standing by PF as a good man but not denying allegations. And one DC and one PK denying allegations.

Gonna be tough to settle anything as shoes keep falling.

Reactions: zanycat
3 more lawsuits v NUFB and the Golden Boy. These include allegations about informing staff. Nathan Fox is only named plaintiff. Liking my side of my bet more and more. There are now over 50 former players alleging hazing. Lots standing by PF as a good man but not denying allegations. And one DC and one PK denying allegations.

What’s the side bet?

These are very serious allegations against not just Fitzgerald but 6 other NU employees, including multiple mental health therapists. If true, it ain’t just Fitz on the hot seat. We shall see.

As the details come out, this is going to be a real test for NU fans. Certainly is for me.

If the hazing happened as alleged, how can you root for a team that made no visible effort to root out any perpetrators, promoted to DC someone who must have been in the know and made only a sacrificial offering of the HC who hasn’t been pinned to the events?

If the hazing did not happen as alleged, how can you root for a team that so ineptly handled the episode, firing its much ballyhooed poster boy alum and opened itself up to millions lost in settlements.

I have been rooting for the ‘Cats since 1986, a season ticket holder since 1996 but will admit to it being a lot harder for me these days to hold my head up high when no scenario is even remotely good.

This is probably the most substantive and detailed complaint we’ve seen. Names names. Has some examples of what appears to be true medical negligence, along with some bad-faith efforts to suppress reports of hazing.

I just finished a podcast on Liberty University (GANGSTER CAPITALISM), and this sounds like the victim blaming and suppression that that school did (still does, post-Falwell, probably) to rape victims.

Trib with coverage. Gross stuff alleged, again. Maybe just horseplay.

As the details come out, this is going to be a real test for NU fans. Certainly is for me.

If the hazing happened as alleged, how can you root for a team that made no visible effort to root out any perpetrators, promoted to DC someone who must have been in the know and made only a sacrificial offering of the HC who hasn’t been pinned to the events?

If the hazing did not happen as alleged, how can you root for a team that so ineptly handled the episode, firing its much ballyhooed poster boy alum and opened itself up to millions lost in settlements.

I have been rooting for the ‘Cats since 1986, a season ticket holder since 1996 but will admit to it being a lot harder for me these days to hold my head up high when no scenario is even remotely good.

Yeah this is the issue for me. A 6 month investigation found that there is no evidence Fitz knew about the hazing. you want to argue that he should have known and therefore his firing was justifiable, fine. But where are the pitchforks for the people who comimitted the sexual assault (and based on what’s alleged, it’s a minimum of sexual assault and may be worse).

Reactions: zanycat and IGNORE2
Yeah this is the issue for me. A 6 month investigation found that there is no evidence Fitz knew about the hazing. you want to argue that he should have known and therefore his firing was justifiable, fine. But where are the pitchforks for the people who comimitted the sexual assault (and based on what’s alleged, it’s a minimum of sexual assault and may be worse).
Right here. I’ve been looking for it to emerge and expect repercussions.

This is probably the most substantive and detailed complaint we’ve seen. Names names. Has some examples of what appears to be true medical negligence, along with some bad-faith efforts to suppress reports of hazing.

I just finished a podcast on Liberty University (GANGSTER CAPITALISM), and this sounds like the victim blaming and suppression that that school did (still does, post-Falwell, probably) to rape victims.

Trib with coverage. Gross stuff alleged, again. Maybe just horseplay.

I would bet every liquid cent to my name that Fox didn't use the word hazing ONE SINGLE TIME when he was talking to those therapists about the "hazing" in the program and described it to them just like it was...idiots being idiots in the locker room

I would bet every liquid cent to my name that Fox didn't use the word hazing ONE SINGLE TIME when he was talking to those therapists about the "hazing" in the program and described it to them just like it was...idiots being idiots in the locker room
You should read the reporting. The most graphic part is about Kenosha. Even if he didn’t use the word hazing…well, read the article…

Maybe “within days of heading to training camp, they forced entry in my room, held me upside down, ripped off my clothes, and started grinding their junk on me. It left me red-faced and shaken.”

Therapist: “hmmm, sounds like team building. Let’s get you some drugs. And I’ll tell coach you didn’t like the traditional welcome committee.”

I also like that we’ve got more background in the ‘Shrek’ thing. It seemed out of context previously, but now we know more.”

I’m happy that the program is where it is today. Hopefully that stuff is all gone.

You should read the reporting. The most graphic part is about Kenosha. Even if he didn’t use the word hazing…well, read the article…

Maybe “within days of heading to training camp, they forced entry in my room, held me upside down, ripped off my clothes, and started grinding their junk on me. It left me red-faced and shaken.”

Therapist: “hmmm, sounds like team building. Let’s get you some drugs. And I’ll tell coach you didn’t like the traditional welcome committee.”

I also like that we’ve got more background in the ‘Shrek’ thing. It seemed out of context previously, but now we know more.”

I’m happy that the program is where it is today. Hopefully that stuff is all gone.
The program today more than likely has players who perpetrated these acts. Where is the cry to root them out?

Last edited:
Reactions: CMcCat
"Before leaving for Kenosha, they allege, upperclassmen made new players watch a strange video in which a man recalls a childhood memory of an explicit sexual encounter with the character Shrek."

I wonder if anybody has this video...

The program today more than likely has players who perpetrated these acts. Where is the cry to root them out?
Not so sure. I have said before that I felt some departures related to these allegations. Sully may have been one. All those defensive starters, the OL departures - I still think they were among the perpetrators and will have escaped repercussions by leaving the school.

Not so sure. I have said before that I felt some departures related to these allegations. Sully may have been one. All those defensive starters, the OL departures - I still think they were among the perpetrators and will have escaped repercussions by leaving the school.
There are no indications that Sully is linked to the allegations (either as a perp or as a victim), so I think we should leave him out of it for the time being in the absence of any evidence. All indications are that his leaving is related to his spot on the depth chart.

Let’s not throw names out as potential perpetrators. What I would like to hear is someone in a leadership role saying publicly “we will hold those accountable who were involved in these acts”. Crickets.

Right here and many have been on this train. It’s one of the biggest fallacies with the THE ENTIRE TEAM denial letter: if the allegations are true those guys did the hazing!

Reactions: zanycat and IGNORE2
Right here and many have been on this train. It’s one of the biggest fallacies with the THE ENTIRE TEAM denial letter: if the allegations are true those guys did the hazing!
I’m aware that people on this board wants accountability, but I’m not aware of anyone at NU wanting accountability (at least no
One has stated it publicly).

I’m aware that people on this board wants accountability, but I’m not aware of anyone at NU wanting accountability (at least no
Fitz is the only one who needs to be held accountable because he was in charge and is responsible for everything that anybody in his program did.

Some might consider it satire, others might consider it gospel.
Does anyone actually believe this?

If anything the majority of the commentary on this board has amounted to “it’s probably made up, all of the players and coaches/staff said so, and even if it were true, only the coaches/staff and players who did it should be held accountable, not the leader of the program under whose nose it went on for so long.”

It doesn’t have to be a false choice.

If anything the majority of the commentary on this board has amounted to “it’s probably made up, all of the players and coaches/staff said so, and even if it were true, only the coaches/staff and players who did it should be held accountable, not the leader of the program under whose nose it went on for so long.”

Who is the university holding accountable? What's their stance?

I think there are many people on this board who don’t know all the facts and are in wait and see mode. The silence from NU holding any of the actual perpetrators accountable is deafening.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Let’s not throw names out as potential perpetrators. What I would like to hear is someone in a leadership role saying publicly “we will hold those accountable who were involved in these acts”. Crickets.
Yup - have never heard that from PF. Oh wait, he was leader in name only, he subcontracted those responsibilities out to teenagers.

Didn’t they announce a second investigation into the allegations?

Didn’t they announce a second investigation into the allegations?
Yes, Loretta lynch is leading the investigation . Will be very curious yo see if players are named in her report. Did not get the sense that the first report included a who’s who.

Yes, Loretta lynch is leading the investigation . Will be very curious yo see if players are named in her report. Did not get the sense that the first report included a who’s who.
Not even Fitz got to see what's in the first report, so who (besides Schill and Hickey) knows.

Exactly.

If these allegations are true there need to be expulsions and criminal prosecution.

Well - there’s your answer to leadership looking into the criminals

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT