ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Texas Tech

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, that’s one I haven’t seen before....NU trailed before they even tipped the ball off.

I’d like to see them settle down, run the offense and let’s look for some good high percentage shots

This Texas Tech team is long. No surprise that a veteran team with this sort of length is a top defensive team. We’re going to have to earn our points tonight.

Lineup wasn't properly submitted to wcorer's table. Hat tip to Dr. Jim who let the NU section know what happened.

Agree, this team just looks tired and a half step slow against every opponent this season. Nobody able to drive the ball at all against an aggressive press D. On top, more turnovers than shots.

This is just so ugly. Our offense is simply try to avoid turnovers and then chuck up a low % 3. What is going on?

Reactions: mct_
This is unreal. We rarely generate open shots. Turn it over often. I just don't get it. I say go deep in the bench and let these starters watch for a bit.

Reactions: BosCat
This is unreal. We rarely generate open shots. Turn it over often. I just don't get it. I say go deep in the bench and let these starters watch for a bit.

‪Holy moley. This isn’t the start NU was looking for. They have 7 turnovers and 5 points and trail by 12.‬

Absolutely right. Need to settle down. Where’s CC w time out
He already burned one when they went down 9-0 and it didn’t help much.

I considered driving up to Uncasville for the day to watch this game live - given how they’ve slept walk so far I’m glad I didn’t. They look largely indifferent on both ends.

Can't believe how wrong I was about this team. Had such very high expectations. Just never know about a group of 18-22 year old kids, even with evidence to base it on.

Maybe they actually left it all on the court last season and just don't have he emotional reserves to draw upon this year. Kinda like the World Series hangover for the Cubs... a breaking the curse hangover year for the program. Hit the reset button this offseason and go from there.

Agree, let them ride some pine and think about what they want to do this season.

Can't believe how wrong I was about this team. Had such very high expectations. Just never know about a group of 18-22 year old kids, even with evidence to base it on.

Maybe they actually left it all on the court last season and just don't have he emotional reserves to draw upon this year. Kinda like the World Series hangover for the Cubs... a breaking the curse hangover year for the program. Hit the reset button this offseason and go from there.
We could also be downplaying the graduation of Sanjay. He was the defensive heart of last year’s team and brought a lot of grit every night.

The only fight I’ve seen tonight is with all the offensive fouls. This squad looks soft.

None of us are going to quit on this team, obviously, but you're right that expectations need to go waaaaaay down. This team is not very good right now.

What is the worst performance from a CCC team you can remember? This is it for me so far.

None of us are going to quit on this team, obviously, but you're right that expectations need to go waaaaaay down. This team is not very good right now.

No one bailing on team but the play is poor both strategically and executionally. When did we decide to shoot nothing but threes and turnaround fade away jumpers

If we can just not turn the ball over and rebound we'll get back in this game. In the half court they dont seem like they can do much.

I’m glad Lindsey showed up. He has 12 of NU’s first 13 points. He’s 4-6, the rest of the team is 0-7.
McIntosh is still scoreless and had the bad turnover against the 2-2-1.

Thankfully Falzon scored a couple of buckets but his passing has been awful. He floated a couple of passes inside which Tech easily stole.

If we can just not turn the ball over and rebound we'll get back in this game. In the half court they dont seem like they can do much.

Agreed, but that’s exactly what Texas Tech is. They are a big team that rebounds and plays defense. We’ve been bad, but a lot of that is because Texas Tech has made us play bad. Credit to them.

Reactions: vmloza34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT