ADVERTISEMENT

First half thread

Our offense is struggling. I hope we can get a little momentum back.

I mean I’ll be honest. Cade isn’t good and I actually trust our secondary, stop the damn run.
Agree, and our LB's are dropping too far back in pass zone defense, and they are easily getting 3rd down conversions or an easy 5+ yards on the safety valve when we get pressure.

Reactions: drewjin
Bajakian realizes that it’s legal to run the football right? Only 3 rushing attempts so far.

Wtf was the point of motioning Lang to the backfield if not to help on blocking Hutchinson?

Where is Clair? Hull is doing nothing. Need a jolt on offense. This isn't working.

4 rushers against 6 blockers and they easily get home

If we can’t run the usual way (and so far we can’t), gonna need to bring in Marty. If he’s healthy we need to give him a possession or two before this gets out of hand.

Bajakian realizes that it’s legal to run the football right? Only 3 rushing attempts so far.

Wtf was the point of motioning Lang to the backfield if not to help on blocking Hutchinson?
I think they have decided that we can't move the ball on the ground and have a better chance in the air but I think it is the same either way. Their D Line is just better than our O Line.

The whole Fox broadcast is nauseating in its Michigan love.
They made it clear on the pregame where they stood (when they stated they've already made plans to be at Mich/Mich St for Big Noon). So anything they can do to build that game any further than it already is, as if (2) 7-0 teams going at it wasn't big enough, is what it appears they are trying to do. Disappointing

I hope Michigan continues to throw the ball deep, we don't seem to be able to consistently stop the run. But our secondary is doing well today! Let's get a stop here! Come on D!

When NU sees Wiedekeher facing Hutchinson, they better give him some help.
They pointed him out pre-snap, he just ran right over Wiederkehr. On the other side, Skoronski lost his battle too.

I don't know what that technique was from Mitchell there on 3rd and 11. ???

Also, we are not disguising the blitzes very well since that 1st drive blitz from BJo. They aren't having any trouble when we bring an extra guy.

We might see him if things continue this way...and we actually keep it close...
It won't make a difference in the outcome. You have a 5 star line up against a 3 star line. Typical U of M win, the line wears out the opposing D line by mid to late third quarter, and Michigan starts to score at will. I would put in Marty just to keep Hilinski fresh for division play. The coaching staff needs to be realistic and become more innovative on offense, until we recruit better linemen. We are not a 3 yards and a cloud of dust team.

It won't make a difference in the outcome. You have a 5 star line up against a 3 star line. Typical U of M win, the line wears out the opposing D line by mid to late third quarter, and Michigan starts to score at will. I would put in Marty just to keep Hilinski fresh for division play. The coaching staff needs to be realistic and become more innovative on offense, until we recruit better linemen. We are not a 3 yards and a cloud of dust team.
Sadly, I must agree with you. The recruitment gap is simply too large. We might have taken them last year. Too bad we did not get the opportunity when they were down, and we had a stronger team.

One of the refs was clearly standing short of the line. Then they just went ahead and gave them the 1st down. I don't get it; what the hell?
It at least should have been reviewed. The WR slipped but kept his feet moving, and he was pushed back a couple of yards. Should have been 4th and 2.

Reactions: drewjin
I don't know what that technique was from Mitchell there on 3rd and 11. ???

Also, we are not disguising the blitzes very well since that 1st drive blitz from BJo. They aren't having any trouble when we bring an extra guy.
That was terrible coverage. Too soft, and he gave the WR way too much room along the sideline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT