ADVERTISEMENT

First NU super secret scrimmage

If anyone gets more details - and if they let spectators come to this? I will be in Indy that day, and would love to go watch!!!

Bump.

Wonder if we will get any info after this......

Interestingly enough I saw a write up on the UNC v. Villanova secret scrimmage. The write up was detailed since it mentioned playing in segments with certain things going on like just zone or just backups. Of course, with our scholarship 10, again NU lacks a deep bench.

Interestingly enough I saw a write up on the UNC v. Villanova secret scrimmage. The write up was detailed since it mentioned playing in segments with certain things going on like just zone or just backups. Of course, with our scholarship 10, again NU lacks a deep bench.
Looking on the bright side, we haven't heard we got beaten badly like last year. So there's that... for now.

Tried snooping around on Vanderbilt forums to find the result. There does appear to be a thread about it on Vanderbilt's Rivals forum, but that forum is behind a paywall. I'm not going to purchase a membership to Vanderbilt's forum to maybe learn the score of a secret scrimmage.

Seriously??
Yeah, seriously. Both teams are said to be in rebuilding mode, so on paper it should be a very even matchup. I would like to know if NU won, kept it close, or got blown out of the water by a rebuilding Vanderbilt team.

They keep score in these super-secret scrimmages, and the score typically leaks when there is enough interest. Pretty sad that there doesn't seem to be enough interest in this one...

Yeah, seriously. Both teams are said to be in rebuilding mode, so on paper it should be a very even matchup. I would like to know if NU won, kept it close, or got blown out of the water by a rebuilding Vanderbilt team.

They keep score in these super-secret scrimmages, and the score typically leaks when there is enough interest. Pretty sad that there doesn't seem to be enough interest in this one...
Say they got blown out. And Collins played his FYs most of the game and gave Gaines and Turner limited minutes. What would that mean? Not much if you ask me.

The score in a scrimmage means absolutely nothing to me.

Say they got blown out. And Collins played his FYs most of the game and gave Gaines and Turner limited minutes. What would that mean? Not much if you ask me.

If they got blown out then it's no reason to hit the panic button for the reason you said. But if they won or kept it close then I think it's a good sign; it means we got production out of the players who played.

Said the Black Knight

(trying to think of something positive to write)

It's not been an especially cold Fall.
Maybe we won when the starters played, but really suffered with our backups? That's one uninformed spin.

Maybe we won when the starters played, but really suffered with our backups? That's one uninformed spin.
The score is meaningless for a preseason scrimmage.

Not that I am expecting great things from NU MBB this year, but can we at least play one real game before we get crazy?

[My gut does tell me the Collins kids will win as many B1G games as the Fighting Fitzes though.....]

Also, that putz Archie Miller gave Rivals an interview about their Super Secret Scrimmage, so maybe Lou can get the same from Collins next week.....

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/fiv...sliked-about-iu-s-closed-scrimmage?yptr=yahoo

Last edited:
The score is meaningless for a preseason scrimmage.

Not that I am expecting great things from NU MBB this year, but can we at least play one real game before we get crazy?

[My gut does tell me the Collins kids will win as many B1G games as the Fighting Fitzes though.....]

Also, that putz Archie Miller gave Rivals an interview about their Super Secret Scrimmage, so maybe Lou can get the same from Collins next week.....

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/fiv...sliked-about-iu-s-closed-scrimmage?yptr=yahoo

I believe it’s generally a gentleman’s agreement between coaches ahead of time on whether they’ll discuss results or not. If you look across the country, sometimes you’ll see box scores released and other times it’s totally silent. Seems like it comes down to what the schools agreed to do.

If the scrimmage was more situational and less representative of true gameplay, I guess it’s way less likely that the coaches would want the scores released.... knowing that fans will read into it and draw inaccurate conclusions.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
Losing the second half 37-13 is not great, but whatever. Not going to draw conclusions.
I am.

We are going to be lousy this year. We won't be able to score. The roof of the newly renovated WR will collapse from a February snow storm. My dog will pee on the pant leg of my new suit. My wife will leave me. Pete Nance will begin to show some signs of improvement by season's end.

I am.

We are going to be lousy this year. We won't be able to score. The roof of the newly renovated WR will collapse from a February snow storm. My dog will pee on the pant leg of my new suit. My wife will leave me. Pete Nance will begin to show some signs of improvement by season's end.

What’s your wife’s number?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT