ADVERTISEMENT

Fitz and Collins: Two of a kind

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
It’s fitting that Northwestern announced the contract extensions of football coach Pat Fitzgerald and men’s basketball coach Chris Collins together. The similarities between the two are striking.

Story: Fitzgerald and Collins: Two of a kind

[QUOTE="Their winning percentages are within five one-hundredths of a percent of each other: Collins is at .549 (70-63), while Fitzgerald is a touch better at .554 (77-62)."[/QUOTE]

Nice story, Lou. Technical correction, though... Their winning percentages are within half a percentage point of each other: 54.9% and 55.4%

[QUOTE="Their winning percentages are within five one-hundredths of a percent of each other: Collins is at .549 (70-63), while Fitzgerald is a touch better at .554 (77-62)."

Nice story, Lou. Technical correction, though... Their winning percentages are within half a percentage point of each other: 54.9% and 55.4%[/QUOTE]

Thanks. If I would've moved the decimal point over, like you did, it would have been easier to see. I'll change it.

Nice story, Lou. Technical correction, though... Their winning percentages are within half a percentage point of each other: 54.9% and 55.4%

Thanks. If I would've moved the decimal point over, like you did, it would have been easier to see. I'll change it.

You might also want to check your numbers and math, too. Collins' stated 70-63 record works out to 52.6%.

Last edited:
You might also want to check your numbers and math, too. Collins stated 70-63 record works out to 52.6%.

He's probably counting the Michigan tournament game from 2016 and the Zags game as wins since NU was robbed in both. See Gundy, Mike for counting W's and L's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT