ADVERTISEMENT

Fitz Gave Us the Gift of David Braun

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of reasons why people could feel that way. To assume otherwise or that this is a cut and dried situation is intellectually dishonest.

Maybe they don’t think it’s overblown. Maybe they think that a “buck stops here” mentality is an acceptable approach to leadership.
Maybe they think that, of all people, the king of ethics in the athletic department, Dr. Gragg may have been less than forthcoming about the details of the report when recommending a punishment.
Maybe they think that Occam’s Razor suggests that university leadership wasn't looking for excuses to fire the most popular figure at the university and pissing off the university’s biggest donors and many board members.
Maybe they find it interesting that multiple outlets (including Lou) have corroborated the allegations and that we haven’t had a single specific denial from members of the team over the period in question and instead have resorted to generalities like “exaggerated” and “twisted”.
Maybe they think that people could be out to make a buck AND bad things could have happened.

And it’s all moot anyway. None of us has read the report and in all likelihood it will never become public.
My point is I haven’t had a single person have this opinion in real life. And, I talk to many, many crab people.

Interesting that y’all jump 320 and give a pass to CSC.
Pass for what? He is not the one who accused PF of "repulsive actions" or whatever. According to Shill, Fitz "should have known", but there is nothing anywhere that suggests Fitz was committing hazing. All CSC did was call BS on 320's assertion, which was a pretty reasonable thing for CSC to do in light of the limited evidence we have.

Pass for what? He is not the one who accused PF of "repulsive actions" or whatever. According to Shill, Fitz "should have known", but there is nothing anywhere that suggests Fitz was committing hazing. All CSC did was call BS on 320's assertion, which was a pretty reasonable thing for CSC to do in light of the limited evidence we have.
We’re really going with “hazing didn’t happen” now, aren’t we?

Under no standards is our evidence ‘limited’.

- six month investigation with 11 corroborations
- our own Lou reporting that running was a well known practice
- multiple letters without a single denial
- the podcast featuring two former managers who were well aware
- quality reporting from ESPN and The Athletic

Loofah line!!!

Here’s the article from The Athletic, for reference.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I’ve never once read an opinion from @CoralSpringsCat. I’ve never once read his version of “the whole story”. He just gets angry when the public story is brought up. Like I said, it’s charming, or cute, or maybe just a little weird. Cuz facts are things.

Great offseason, Fitz. I’m so happy you’ve given us the gift of David Braun.
Fitz did not give us the gift of Braun. He did it to rectify his terrible hiring of JON and for keeping him an extra year when it was clear that that hire was a disaster from the first play of his first season when the Spartan running back ran untouched for a 75 yard touchdown.

Loofah line!!!

Of course it happened. But Fitz wasn't the perpetrator. And he was fired for not preventing it.

Good grief.

Fitz did not give us the gift of Braun. He did it to rectify his terrible hiring of JON and for keeping him an extra year when it was clear that that hire was a disaster from the first play of his first season when the Spartan running back ran untouched for a 75 yard touchdown.

You’ve certainly established your narrative. That didn’t take long.

When you have a two year record of 4 wins and 20 losses and 1 win in the conference each of those years the narrative is quite easy but very painful

Loofah line!!!

Who among us hasn’t partaken in a little loofah congo line in college. My the pearl clutching..

I got it…you’ve made your “point”. Can you tell us one good thing Fitz did while leading the NU football program??
Fitz has done so many great things for NU football from his playing days and beating Michigan twice to raising the team as head coach to great heights and respectability that I could not enumerate all. Thus it is truly a Greek Tragedy that his downfall was caused by a failure to take the hazing allegations seriously. I believe that the initial 2 week suspension was at least in part generated with his substantial input. At that stage Fitz thought he was untouchable and was just the final manifestation of his hubris.

Fitz has done so many great things for NU football from his playing days and beating Michigan twice to raising the team as head coach to great heights and respectability that I could not enumerate all. Thus it is truly a Greek Tragedy that his downfall was caused by a failure to take the hazing allegations seriously. I believe that the initial 2 week suspension was at least in part generated with his substantial input. At that stage Fitz thought he was untouchable and was just the final manifestation of his hubris.

You believe? Okay. Gotcha.

iMO our stellar admin missed their opportunity to move on by appointing DB as HC. DB will forever be regarded as a great Fitz hire. An appointment from outside NU fb staff would have created a clean slate. My feeling , especially with a bowl victory that Jake and Anderson will remain cementing the Fitz connection. Threads like this will be quite popular, with some justification during the foreseeable future.

iMO our stellar admin missed their opportunity to move on by appointing DB as HC. DB will forever be regarded as a great Fitz hire. An appointment from outside NU fb staff would have created a clean slate. My feeling , especially with a bowl victory that Jake and Anderson will remain cementing the Fitz connection. Threads like this will be quite popular, with some justification during the foreseeable future.

Your feeling is incorrect. Another who needs to join the Rock for the inside scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT