ADVERTISEMENT

Fitz still arrogant

Yikes... that's bad.

A bunch of teams on our schedule will blow the doors off our team if we don't make changes on defense.

That 6 quarters of defense thing doesn't fly when you give up 7 TDs in 8 drives to a very average Big Ten team.

I am flying back to the Midwest to see my grandkids and was planning to go to the Rutgers game. Eff that. I'll just hang out with my granddaughters. If he wants to be an arrogant jerk, fine.

Reactions: Turk
Yeah that 6 quarters of shutout football was beyond irrelevant tonight and you could see in those 6 quarters enough lousy play to know that the defense was going to gave a tough time tonight. And boy did they ever.

Reactions: PurpleFaze
Seriously he just repeated the same thing !
We had six straight quarters of shutout football. Against Ohio effing U and Duke. He won't change.

They are not going to change
Ryan Day demoted his DC. He gets it. Fitz doesn't
Why does Fitz love to live in a world of delusion during these pressers? It just pisses off the already small fanbase. The guy makes multiple millions of dollars and needs to be better. What happened tonight it not acceptable. Ever.

Why does Fitz love to live in a world of delusion during these pressers? It just pisses off the already small fanbase. The guy makes multiple millions of dollars and needs to be better. What happened tonight it not acceptable. Ever.
Why does a dog lick his balls? Because he can

Reactions: peatymeanis
Remember when we had Colby and sucked beyond belief on defense? Then we got Hankwitz and saw immediate improvement. It's the reverse now, sustained excellence on defense then swap out Hank for JON. He's the one that has to be accountable for this travesty of a defense. They are as bad as any I can remember.

Leave the politics out of it! Also, your example sucks - President Biden has had 4 times as many full, solo press conferences (4) in his first year in office, compared to Trump (1). And the year isn’t even done yet.

And Fitz has never shied away from the press, no reason to think he will now.
Fitz also knows how to handle these press conferences. Embrace the suck, proud of the men for fighting, don’t give up etc etc. What he won’t ever address is what he thinks happened that made us suck so bad and what he’ll do to fix it.

Fitz also knows how to handle these press conferences. Embrace the suck, proud of the men for fighting, don’t give up etc etc. What he won’t ever address is what he thinks happened that made us suck so bad and what he’ll do to fix it.
That’s why Fitz would be a disaster in the NFL. He’s be eaten alive by the press.

That’s why Fitz would be a disaster in the NFL. He’s be eaten alive by the press.
Precisely. I listened to the press conference. He was understandably testy, but the sarcastic, canned answers to the gentlest questions was beyond belief. He makes Harbaugh look like Nelson Mandela. An NFL fan base, press corps, owner and GM would roast him. Six quarters of shutout football. Does he really believe this complete nonsense?

Yikes... that's bad.

A bunch of teams on our schedule will blow the doors off our team if we don't make changes on defense.

That 6 quarters of defense thing doesn't fly when you give up 7 TDs in 8 drives to a very average Big Ten team.
Ridiculous comment even if true. 3 P5 team and not even great team and games are over half way through the first Quarter.

Precisely. I listened to the press conference. He was understandably testy, but the sarcastic, canned answers to the gentlest questions was beyond belief. He makes Harbaugh look like Nelson Mandela. An NFL fan base, press corps, owner and GM would roast him. Six quarters of shutout football. Does he really believe this complete nonsense?
Nobody cares what Fitz says in the Presser if NU wins. It’s a pimple on a tough guys butt. Fix the D, that is all that matters.

Reactions: StreamCat
Nobody cares what Fitz says in the Presser if NU wins. It’s a pimple on a tough guys butt. Fix the D, that is all that matters.
My point being he isn't acknowledging the problem. He was deflecting, saying we played well on D in the prior 6 quarters and acting as if the fumble on the 5 affected the game. No mention of WTF happened to allow 8 TDs, many of them untouched

Yikes... that's bad.

Nebraska is 2nd in the Big Ten in total offense and 4th in scoring. They're not an average Big Ten team.

I would call them a flawed team, but not average.

Nebraska is 2nd in the Big Ten in total offense and 4th in scoring. They're not an average Big Ten team.

They are def worse than Iowa, PSU, OSU, MSU and Michigan. Def Better than NU, IU, Minny. They have a loss to Illinois. They are smack dab in the middle which makes them average.

Those stats include your game against us, that's the problem.

We gave up 657 yards of offense to you guys.

Good luck the rest of the way, but we're pretty much the worst team in the conference right now, and we're going to make even teams that have broken offenses look workable like Minny or Purdue.

Reactions: rmndcat and drewjin
Fitz is stubborn but he isn’t stupid. Let’s just hope he’s being a smart boss and not criticizing his staff to the media.

But if I were him, JON would be dismissed following their film review today.

They are def worse than Iowa, PSU, OSU, MSU and Michigan. Def Better than NU, IU, Minny. They have a loss to Illinois. They are smack dab in the middle which makes them average.
Right, no one on here gives a Rats ass about Nebraska. We are currently the worse team in the conference. We have enough of our own problems to fix rather than to worry about where Nebby falls on the mediocre scale.

Realized Fitz was stubborn/arrogant to the point where it could hurt the team when he decided with 6-7 mins left in the M00N game that he was going to go for 2 if it came to that.

But after he saw his QB (and Prater) lead 2 long scoring drives and the D stuffing the UM O, he should have revisited that and thought about kicking the PAT and going to OT.

After all, it's not like his teams have been very successful with 2 pt tries or trick plays.

But his mind was already made.

Reactions: IGNORE2
If he believes it, that’s probably the worst case. If he doesn’t, he’s trotting out a DC who he knows can’t do the job AND showing utter contempt for the fan base.

Think about it — He’s using NU’s play against Duke and Ohio as a sign that things aren’t that bad. Ohio has 1 win against a very weak schedule. Duke lost to Charlotte. Lost to UNC 38-7. And was losing to Kansas at the half. Kansas appears to have a historically bad team, but Duke had problems with them—yet not with NU. It’s just maddening that Fitz is giving us this b#ll sh#t.

What’s their record and ranking?

If you played NU every week, you would be the best team in the nation. You don’t get to play NU every week.

What’s their record and ranking?

If you played NU every week, you would be the best team in the nation. You don’t get to play NU every week.
Sadly, Bob, we are no longer NU. We lost that to them. We are NW. but with no W. Just N

• Wow
Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT