ADVERTISEMENT

Flynn Nagel is a Cat

I thought we should've gone after him all year...has the most receptions ever in Illinois

Originally posted by Hungry Jack:
Bigger, faster version of Dudek?
Basically bigger, maybe not faster. Mike Dudek can fly.

I was able to watch every Marist 2013 and Lemont 2014 game film, and saw this kid live at the title game. I cannot stress how thrilled I am about this kid going to NU.

He's got great hands, SUPER productive. His stats at both schools were ridiculous, with the former being in the ESCC, home of the state champ that beat Nagel this season and a solid league.

Like Dudek, he's excellent in the open field, super agile. Yet his strength IMO is his strength. He breaks tackles with his legs, and it's impressive.

All in all, welcome Flynn

Was hoping to see good news when I logged on today. This is great!

Welcome aboard! Can't see why we can't develop and win with guys who are quick, shifty and have good hands. The Pat's certainly have done well with guys like this (Amendola, Vareen, Welker, Edelman).

Originally posted by pawildcat:
Uh oh! He flipped from Duke?

In keeping with the narrative on this board, Duke must be going down the tubes.
We can only hope! Cats @Duke is going to be a tough game this fall.

Dudek is really fast. I doubt that Nagel is faster. The thing that I see in Dudek that I have not seen in Nagel is that quick cut ability and the amazing leaping ability. Don't get me wrong, Nagel is good. But Dudek is on another level, imo. I guess we will see.

So, does this make Fitz as scummy as Harbaugh???

Actually, I'm happy that we poached Nagel from Duke. Good on Fitz. He's doing his job.

But, hopefully the people who talk about other programs and coaches getting our kids to flip being scummy will shut the hell up now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT