ADVERTISEMENT

For the rest of the season….

rwesley264

Jul 2, 2006
Focus in developing Marty and finding a new receiving corps. Play every WR and TE on the roster and figure out whi can play.

Let them work together in spring practice and summer so they are in sync for next year. Hopefully next season we have an effective passing game.

Reactions: rmndcat
I doubt Marty will return for a 6th season. Hilinski, Richardson, Sullivan or a transfer probably

Reactions: rmndcat
How about common sense? If he’s like 99% of all other D1 athletes, he’s been working his ass off since he was little to get to this point. He’s hardly likely to walk away now, just when he has the chance to start for a full season at a P5 program.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
How about common sense? If he’s like 99% of all other D1 athletes, he’s been working his ass off since he was little to get to this point. He’s hardly likely to walk away now, just when he has the chance to start for a full season at a P5 program.
It's like some people have been cheering against Marty the whole time and just don't want him to be the guy. They're invested in him not succeeding. I don't get it.

Fitz will have him behind someone. How could marty assume he could play?
2 hours ago, Fitz said he didnt know who his starting qb would be next week. We all know who is better and so does Fitz but Fitz doesnt want to break his oath to Hilniski. Hopefully, the politics and madness is replaced with reason and accountability for Fitz to clear his head and learn from the error of his way

I think he may stay if he needs another year to finish Kellogg. Otherwise, I'd bet he gives a big 🖕 to the program that had him on the bench when he should have been playing.

I think he may stay if he needs another year to finish Kellogg. Otherwise, I'd bet he gives a big 🖕 to the program that had him on the bench when he should have been playing.
Then start him the rest of the way.

Focus in developing Marty and finding a new receiving corps. Play every WR and TE on the roster and figure out whi can play.

Let them work together in spring practice and summer so they are in sync for next year. Hopefully next season we have an effective passing game.
Also, thank Bergen and McIntyre for their efforts, and give them the option to move to scout team or student assistant coach roles.

We played em even with Marty in there! Need his mobility

Some of you have become so invested in hating where things are that you can’t see straight.

It's like some people have been cheering against Marty the whole time and just don't want him to be the guy. They're invested in him not succeeding. I don't get it.
You want to build a program, get a quality QB and ride him. Marty is a one and done and can't stay healthy. Who is the GOAT in terms of QBs at NU in terms of wins? Oh yeah, CT, a 4 year starter. I rather see what Richardson has to offer as we can have a solid starter for 3 years if he pans out. Nothing against Marty, but we need a multiple year qb to have some continuity.

You want to build a program, get a quality QB and ride him. Marty is a one and done and can't stay healthy. Who is the GOAT in terms of QBs at NU in terms of wins? Oh yeah, CT, a 4 year starter. I rather see what Richardson has to offer as we can have a solid starter for 3 years if he pans out. Nothing against Marty, but we need a multiple year qb to have some continuity.
I quite enjoyed the Bacher and Kafka bowl seasons. And Marty can come back next season, too. I'm not enamored with Hilinski and I'm far from convinced that he's the future.

Ride with the QB we have, this season and next. If Hilinski improves, maybe we can ride with him his senior season, too.

Some of you have become so invested in hating where things are that you can’t see straight.
I love my university and its football program. Just don't think he'll hang around for another year. Maybe if he has a 2nd year of Kellogg. Let's say he decided to come back and they get another transfer...

I'm actually more concerned about transfer leakage from underclassmen

I love my university and its football program. Just don't think he'll hang around for another year. Maybe if he has a 2nd year of Kellogg. Let's say he decided to come back and they get another transfer...

I'm actually more concerned about transfer leakage from underclassmen
I am concerned about even more de commits.

Only makes sense if Marty is coming back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT