ADVERTISEMENT

FSU

This CFP snub was likely the nail in the coffin for FSU and the ACC…
You keep saying this and it hasn’t happened. Don’t you think if fsu could get out of ACC they would have???? It would cost them several hundred million and that’s only if the ACC agreed. They are stuck for at least another decade.

I don’t see that happening. I would take Georgia to beat Washington and Texas as well and one of them has a good chance to win the Natty.

Wins and losses should matter.
Georgia is going to have lots of opt outs. FSU might also.

If only I’d gotten hurt in October. What a weird (bad) system. I still hope Alabama rolls Michigan.

Cal and Stanford will travel cross-country 4-5 times to stay at the grownups table, and it turns out it’s really just the table for the teenagers. At least they can use their phones during dinner.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricko654321
It seems this is a problem every year - five P5 champs, four slots. It's just more egregious this year because one of those P5 champs was undefeated. And maybe there's a little bit of "Alabama? Again?" at it as well. Alabama earned it on the field, as did Florida State. Someone had to be left out, unfortunately, and it was the team with the "0" in the loss column instead of the team with the "1," so people are justifiably mad.

Reactions: drewjin
Georgia is going to have lots of opt outs. FSU might also.
It’s the inconsistency of the Committee that bothers me. If you want the 4 best teams, there is no doubt Georgia is in. If you want deserves, FSU is in.

The outcome of the non playoff bowls isn’t that important. Opt outs, transfers, coaches moving on, you won’t necessarily get the same result the you would have got a few weeks ago.

It’s the inconsistency of the Committee that bothers me. If you want the 4 best teams, there is no doubt Georgia is in. If you want deserves, FSU is in.

The outcome of the non playoff bowls isn’t that important. Opt outs, transfers, coaches moving on, you won’t necessarily get the same result the you would have got a few weeks ago.
Yes, the policy is SEC gets in no matter what, then the next two or three depending on the year, according to no actual criteria. It’s quite a system, a lot like the announcement of a new pope or a cigars-and-dark-rooms presidential nominating process in the 1930s. Alabama is Hoover.

Even if the FSU decision was the greatest miscarriage of justice since burned grandma v hot McDonald's coffee, the reaction of the Michigan watch party going from licking their lips and clapping to groaning and rubbing their heads was worth it.

Yes, the policy is SEC gets in no matter what, then the next two or three depending on the year, according to no actual criteria. It’s quite a system, a lot like the announcement of a new pope or a cigars-and-dark-rooms presidential nominating process in the 1930s. Alabama is Hoover.

Right. Bottom line the decision was at its heart based on the SEC gets in no matter what. Everything else is just smokescreen.

Even if the FSU decision was the greatest miscarriage of justice since burned grandma v hot McDonald's coffee, the reaction of the Michigan watch party going from licking their lips and clapping to groaning and rubbing their heads was worth it.

Agree with this. Michigan deserves every bit. I just regret that likely once again the Big Ten will be sitting out the championship game.

Pretty resounding beating on FSU. A lot of defections, but if nothing that speaks to lack of depth. They suddenly have less leverage.

The most impressive thing is how many UGA players chose to play. Definitely a strong “play for each other” culture there, and also the coaching staff is really effective at preventing arrested players from getting charged.

FSU’s players said “efff it”, which is a shame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT