ADVERTISEMENT

Fumbles

SmellyCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So Roberts and Larkin both looked good on their plays...until the fumbles. Larkin showed a really nice burst in particular on his. Obviously if Larkin fumbles a lot, he'll go the doghouse, but three games into his career he's bee really impressive in limited action.

I noticed that Jelani was holding the ball in his left hand during his run. Is he left-handed? I guess I've never noticed this before, but are ballcarriers supposed to always hold the ball in their dominant hand, or was he holding in his left hand because he was going to the left side and that should minimize the chance of someone coming over and forcing a fumble (not that that strategy worked)?

So Roberts and Larkin both looked good on their plays...until the fumbles. Larkin showed a really nice burst in particular on his. Obviously if Larkin fumbles a lot, he'll go the doghouse, but three games into his career he's bee really impressive in limited action.

I noticed that Jelani was holding the ball in his left hand during his run. Is he left-handed? I guess I've never noticed this before, but are ballcarriers supposed to always hold the ball in their dominant hand, or was he holding in his left hand because he was going to the left side and that should minimize the chance of someone coming over and forcing a fumble (not that that strategy worked)?

I thought Larkin was Moten with that burst, until I saw the replay. I didn't know he had that gear. Very encouraging for the future of NU's running game.

Reactions: SmellyCat
Speaking of fumbles, how many does Justin Jackson have in his career? I remember only one. There were probably more, but not many more. It's been such a pleasure watching him play.

Reactions: SmellyCat
Just hold on to the dam ball.

When the ball takes a direct shot from a helmet worn by 200lb+ DB who comes in from a blind side like a bat outa hell...Well. Sometimes the ball just can't be held onto.

Always hold the ball with your outside hand.

Speaking of fumbles, how many does Justin Jackson have in his career? I remember only one. There were probably more, but not many more. It's been such a pleasure watching him play.
He was lucky earlier this year. Ball came out but was not called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT