ADVERTISEMENT

Game Preparation

NUCats

Sep 2, 2004
I have a question regarding game prep. I've never played competitive basketball, but was wondering if it is possible that given our compressed schedule to start the season, if some (considerable?) time was used in preparing for Creighton?

In post game talks, both Coach Collins and players mentioned the wings of Creighton and the scoring prowess they've displayed in their first couple of games.

I am wondering if that might be a reason (along with others discussed in other threads) for less than dominate performances against clearly inferior opponents.

Would like to get others take.

I have a question regarding game prep. I've never played competitive basketball, but was wondering if it is possible that given our compressed schedule to start the season, if some (considerable?) time was used in preparing for Creighton?

In post game talks, both Coach Collins and players mentioned the wings of Creighton and the scoring prowess they've displayed in their first couple of games.

I am wondering if that might be a reason (along with others discussed in other threads) for less than dominate performances against clearly inferior opponents.

Would like to get others take.
In that same interview, Collins said he is a big believer in the basketball Gods, focussed only on St. Peter's, and that he has not spent any time studying Creighton. He'd have his laptop loaded up with Creighton tapes and spend the night devising a game plan. So no, I doubt that you can chalk up the mediocre play to the staff preparing for CU.

In that same interview, Collins said he is a big believer in the basketball Gods, focussed only on St. Peter's, and that he has not spent any time studying Creighton. He'd have his laptop loaded up with Creighton tapes and spend the night devising a game plan. So no, I doubt that you can chalk up the mediocre play to the staff preparing for CU.

Bummer, not sure how I missed those comments. I guess we'll know tomorrow if we start coming together as a team. I think I heard Dave Eanet say last year's 3rd game was Butler, and we played pretty well in that game, so I will keep the faith that we will start the see the Cat team many of us expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT