ADVERTISEMENT

Game Review

BigNUFan51

Nov 29, 2015
Overall we look like the same team we did last year, but healthy to start the year.

Positives:

OL-I know Purdue’s dline stinks, but I the oline actually looks competent. Thorson had all day to throw

QB-Thorson looked sharp. Green looked competent as well.

#29-Looks like we have a future All Big Ten player there

Larkin- The kid is a stud

Negatives:

WR-QB’s had all day to throw and the WRs couldn’t get open. Where is the speed?

First half defense: Awful tackling totally unprepared for the freshman

Jeff Brohm did us a huge favor by pulling Sindelar. I know he was turning the ball over left and right, but that’s the way to beat our defense.

Overall we look like the same team we did last year, but healthy to start the year.

Positives:

OL-I know Purdue’s dline stinks, but I the oline actually looks competent. Thorson had all day to throw

QB-Thorson looked sharp. Green looked competent as well.

#29-Looks like we have a future All Big Ten player there

Larkin- The kid is a stud

Negatives:

WR-QB’s had all day to throw and the WRs couldn’t get open. Where is the speed?

First half defense: Awful tackling totally unprepared for the freshman

Jeff Brohm did us a huge favor by pulling Sindelar. I know he was turning the ball over left and right, but that’s the way to beat our defense.

If Sindelar had stayed in we would have won the game by 4 TDS. Blough was the key to getting them back into the game.

If Sindelar had stayed in we would have won the game by 4 TDS. Blough was the key to getting them back into the game.
Its an interesting question. Blough's entry made PU's offense more run and short pass oriented. It worked for a bit, but then we shut that down. PU never really threatened down the field in that 2nd half. I wonder if Sindelar would have made more big plays. Of course, he could have also thrown more picks, so who knows.

Its an interesting question. Blough's entry made PU's offense more run and short pass oriented. It worked for a bit, but then we shut that down. PU never really threatened down the field in that 2nd half. I wonder if Sindelar would have made more big plays. Of course, he could have also thrown more picks, so who knows.

Blough’s ability to run resulted in several drive sustaining first down and also created running room for their backs. Also no turnovers. That’s how they got back in the game.

I think you’re right. They did score fewer points in H2 than H1. Their offense was more dink and dunk and it allowed us to bring the secondary up to help with the run/screen game at the LOS. We needed that because tackling and edge contain were poor.

Man that's a tough call but I was thankful Sindelar didn't go back in as he moved their team, minus the mistakes. The good thing about this win is Purdue looked like a quality opponent, which we beat on the road, AND Purdue looked good enough for no other divisional team to take for granted.

Reactions: drewjin
You forgot that run by #1 that set up their second half TD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT