ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: EIU vs. Northwestern

This is really the depressing. Hard to believe we can win money at the games moving forward with this team. Anyone thinking we're a ball team is smoking marijuana at this point
I mean, if you’re going to bring drugs into it, might as well go big and go with crack or heroin. Pot will just make you look at the offense and think “well, they’re not good…but that’s okay”.

Secondary has looked bad most of the year.
I don’t understand why we’re playing a soft zone. This isn’t Ohio State. We don’t need to give these receivers a 5-10 yard cushion. Our DB’s need to be playing closer to the line and more physical. I don’t get playing soft against a team like EIU.

QB completing 20%
Play by play announcer forgetting the down
Matt Millen yapping nonstop
FCS school giving up on 3rd and longs

This is a sicko game if I’ve ever seen one
This is why we substituted our quarterbacks so we could be 20%

Sorry, but moving the ball only on QB runs is pee wee football. That won’t work against BIG teams. This kid can’t even reach his WR with his throws. Going to be a long year.
A really long year, and maybe a really long decade to be honest. I was gung ho about hiring the young FCS guys, who seemed hungry and wanted to prove themselves, but this is not looking too good at the moment. We might have been better off served hiring a stud FCB OC that was ready to be a HC instead. I wonder what Mr. Ryan is thinking right now about his gifting of all that $$$$ towards the practice facility. Hopefully they can turn it around, but the B1G is doing well at the moment, and most of the teams on our schedule look way better than we do.

Launch is NOT the solution to our offensive issues
The program is screwed until we can actually recruit a good QB. We are recruiting scrubs at that position, and that won't stop til we get an HC/OC that can innovate and light it up. This isn't my uncle's B1G anymore and hasn't been for going on 3 decades. Ball control isn't going to bring in 4 star recruits at QB or any other skilled position.

We look worse today than we did it against Miami and Duke both FCS teams. How can we regress so dramatically in one week.

LOL, now Braun went from Big Ten Coach of the year to a HS coach? You guys are a bunch of jokers.
Not too sure that the coaching staff is the problem, as they are dealing with a really talent starved team. Hopefully they can recruit better after this season. 3 star recruits are only a good thing in the old Mountain West and the AAC, etc. Braun last season stated to the press he wanted the program to be a developmental program. That isn't looking too good thus far. A straight up 3 star team isn't going to get that far in the new expanded B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT