ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: EIU vs. Northwestern

Nah. Had early nerves and at least four drops. He’s settling down and played a great last drive.
I hope you are right. I am seeing a lot of indecisiveness on his reads, a lot of late throws and a scary lack of zip on his throws. How many balls have we seen DBs break on and bat down in addition to the ones hitting the turf several yards shy of target? Let’s see what he looks like in the 2nd half. I am rooting for him.

Nah. Had early nerves and at least four drops. He’s settling down and played a great last drive.
Lausch looked better the last series but he is lacking the arm talent to succeed at this level. His timing was off as he is still processing his reads not fast enough but that improved. Just didn’t look like he’s the answer at QB. Bring on Ryan Boe. :D

If Wright is available, he should be the qb for the second half to work out his kinks on his passing game.
Disagree. Lausch deserves the entire game and Wright will benefit from watching. Wright’s problems were mostly mental, not physical.

Reactions: Jaguar 88
I don’t think this team is winning any big ten games with Lausch or Wright.
I hope you are right. I am seeing a lot of indecisiveness on his reads, a lot of late throws and a scary lack of zip on his throws. How many balls have we seen DBs break on and bat down in addition to the ones hitting the turf several yards shy of target? Let’s see what he looks like in the 2nd half. I am rooting for him.
I actually think he has a pretty strong arm. He’s thrown some bullets.

Thomas Gordon, fighting for that first down, awesome to see.

Yes Sir. Marshall Lang settled down too, after badly hurting the team the whole 1st quarter. And of course, so did Lausch. We looked like close to a Big Ten offense on that last drive. Its a start. Lets go Cats!

Reactions: Jaguar 88
Glad to see @TheC still pumping out those irrational and outrageous posts on the Game Thread. LOL.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
You have to have some comic relief in here at times. I do the same with some of my posts. Aunt Em, Aunt EM the sky is falling!!!!! Sometimes you just have to let go!!! Being a NU fan isn't easy, but you need to have fun with it.

Really good throw to Henning. LB on the slot took a false step to stop the run fake, and Lausch hit him in stride once that opening came.

Also, it was a LB on Henning, which is nice.

I hope you are right. I am seeing a lot of indecisiveness on his reads, a lot of late throws and a scary lack of zip on his throws. How many balls have we seen DBs break on and bat down in addition to the ones hitting the turf several yards shy of target? Let’s see what he looks like in the 2nd half. I am rooting for

Team looking a bit more competent and <chirp chirp, chirp chirp> on the board.

Good raw materials with Lausch.
Yup!

Much better. Keep an eye on when Eastern plays zone. He is struggling with finding the open receiver in zone or is not confident in his ability to place the ball into the open pockets. His success in the 2’d is all coming against man coverage which nonetheless is an improvement over the first half results.

Reactions: NU Houston
I think Lausch was 10-20 in the first half. He’s now 20-31.

First half jitters. Second half abuse of a FCS squad.
The overreaction from many on here to a slow start from a young first-year starter who is a baller (and who had a handful of drops in first half) is peak sports message board. Very excited to see his further growth.

I’ve seen enough as I could against Eastern Illinois to give Lausch fully positive grade. More of a pass/fail than an A+, but he’s hitting his marks. Zero terrible decisions, throws a respectable ball, sufficient arm, a little faster than I expected, mostly accurate…

Definitely still need to see the bigger test next week and see how he deals with pressure, which he’s been almost totally protected from today, but I’m fully pleased with him.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
I’ve seen enough as I could against Eastern Illinois to give Lausch fully positive grade. More of a pass/fail than an A+, but he’s hitting his marks. Zero terrible decisions, throws a respectable ball, sufficient arm, a little faster than I expected, mostly accurate…

Definitely still need to see the bigger test next week and see how he deals with pressure, which he’s been almost totally protected from today, but I’m fully pleased with him.
He took care of the ball which was a point of emphasis for Braun. Needs to work on getting comfortable throwing into zone coverages. He will see a lot of that next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT