ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for No. 7 Northwestern vs. No. 10 Boise State

It looked like Collins was close to getting T’ed up when he kept arguing that last foul with the ref.

Huge win - he coached a great game. But, pretty please… keep your cool against UCLA, coach!

Go Cats!!

This is Chase’s first 20-point game since the Gophs.

And his most complete game, IMHO, since the win at Indiana.

Big-time players show up when the lights are brightest. (Conference tournaments excluded.)
Boises state was just frankly completely unable to deal with him. He probably could have scored more had we needed it but other guys were helping. It's crazy it took them all game to adjust.

Reactions: drewjin
Just tuning in to some of the other results at half time - Illinois and Iowa out and Maryland barely scraped by. Tough start for the big ten
There are opportunities to for the Big Ten to advance (especially with the Wildcats winning), but an underwhelming conference performance in the NCAA tournament would unfortunately would not be something new:

It looked like Collins was close to getting T’ed up when he kept arguing that last foul with the ref.

Huge win - he coached a great game. But, pretty please… keep your cool against UCLA, coach!

Go Cats!!
He was not protesting the foul but that the Boise foul shooter was halfway to the basket before the intentional miss got to the rim

Reactions: NUCats and drewjin
Also
For those asking about the ponchos, they were the giveaway swag at the pep rally. Taphorn, Hall, Malnati, and the Fitz boys all donned them at tipoff and other fans followed suit.
Also big props to the entire section 109 (I think) who stood the entire game. Tons of juice for the cats all game.

Lots of bruin fans in this session now, but they are not nearly as loud (and all sitting).

Also

Also big props to the entire section 109 (I think) who stood the entire game. Tons of juice for the cats all game.

Lots of bruin fans in this session now, but they are not nearly as loud (and all sitting).
Hope the fans can stay for Saturday!

I just turned on the UCLA game and they’re absolutely dominating the Bulldogs.

So I don’t think we’ll have to worry about Asheville. Bring on the Bruins! Let’s finally get some revenge for the 2005 Sun Bowl.
We actually played them in basketball in 2013 at a Thanksgiving tourney in Las Vegas. I was there. It was a blowout. Let's get revenge for that one.

We actually played them in basketball in 2013 at a Thanksgiving tourney in Las Vegas. I was there. It was a blowout. Let's get revenge for that one.
Wow I must have blocked that one from my memory.

I looked it up: we’re 0-1 against UCLA in Basketball and 3-3 in football.

But we haven’t beaten them since 1948.

Seri

How about the Princeton kid from Glen Ellyn who was great today for Princeton
If that's the same kid that made the two free throws at the end of the game to give Princeton a three-point lead, the announcer said that his father played basketball for NU and his mother played volleyball for NU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT