ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Maryland

Just his escapability. Also Persa had better targets (but no RBs)
Persa carried those teams on his back. The supporting cast was worse than what we have now. Sullivan is promising but he has a long way to go before even being in the same ball park as Persa. I do like Sullivan’s demeanor. Wish he had been starting since day 1.

I can't believe the coaches did not value Sully's mobility when considering who to play. Man, he can run! Great to see. It opens up so much...we have options...

Reactions: drewjin
I can't believe the coaches did not value Sully's mobility when considering who to play. Man, he can run! Great to see. It opens up so much...we have options...
Yeah, Hilinski has some tools but he is a Statue of Limitations

Sully’s shown a great feel for the game. The OL has held up surprisingly well after we lost both our original guards.

Maryland’s defense may just be terrible, but I’ll take a W anyway we can get one.

Sully’s shown a great feel for the game. The OL has held up surprisingly well after we lost both our original guards.

Maryland’s defense may just be terrible, but I’ll take a W anyway we can get one.
We've played several defenses that are this bad and did nothing

I love the blitzes but our DL don’t step up and finish the sack. They just can’t get off their blockers.

We’re close but we can’t get the QB on the ground. But this style is a hell of a lot more fun.

Speaking of sacks, if Sully is legit and leads us to like 2 more wins, we should all get to kick Fitz in the sack for waiting to play him.
Nah, I’d rather be happy that we finished with more than 2 wins and have a QB again. But you do you.

There was not Thorsen/Persa/Basanez like zip on that throw...Sully has work to do...but he is a RS freshman. Let's go!!! Come on Cats!!

This team simply doesn’t know how to win. Two good drives killed

• Sad
This is so much more what Northwestern’s offenses should be based on. Still capable of utilizing power, but much more primarily interested in space, distribution out to playmakers, and seeming numeric advantages than obsessed with simply establishing physical dominance and needing it to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT