ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Maryland

Clearly outcoached at the half. Why am I not surprised.

Offense makes key penalties to kill drives. Defense makes key penalties to enable drives.
Inept 3rd q after a decent 1st half - Maryland is taking control of the game. Cats can’t keep making penalties to stay in contention.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
LOL, at what point do you hold the players accountable for their mistakes and not making plays? Nothing has changed from the first half except the execution. Bad teams find ways to lose. Finally get a 3rd down sack to get off the field and our DB gets lazy with his feet and holds a player to give Maryland a first down. Bad teams find ways to lose. We are a bad team.

Reactions: Darren72
i don’t see it that way. We’ve made three costly mistakes in the second half. The INT. The bad snap. And that holding penalty that killed a 3rd down sack. First two killed our offensive drives. Last one let them continue the drive and then score. Players need to step up.

i don’t see it that way. We’ve made three costly mistakes in the second half. The INT. The bad snap. And that holding penalty that killed a 3rd down sack. First two killed our offensive drives. Last one let them continue the drive and then score. Players need to step up.
More talking about their offense against our defense

LOL, at what point do you hold the players accountable for their mistakes and not making plays? Nothing has changed from the first half except the execution. Bad teams find ways to lose. Finally get a 3rd down sack to get off the field and our DB gets lazy with his feet and holds a player to give Maryland a first down. Bad teams find ways to lose. We are a bad team.
At this point it’s very very hard to separate the player’s failings for the bad schematic positions they’re put in. Some of the offensive penalties, absolutely, but on defense it’s nearly impossible to tell.

Reactions: NUCats
At this point it’s very very hard to separate the player’s failings for the bad schematic positions they’re put in. Some of the offensive penalties, absolutely, but on defense it’s nearly impossible to tell.
I am not saying we don’t issues on the staff but some posters want to put every negative play on the coaches. Ultimately the players have to make plays at key moments and our players have not this second half.

I am not saying we don’t issues on the staff but some posters want to put every negative play on the coaches. Ultimately the players have to make plays at key moments and our players have not this second half.
So, hypothetically, if the players continue to make costly mistakes for the rest of the year, do the coaches have responsibility? What if they do next year? For 5 years?

So, hypothetically, if the players continue to make costly mistakes for the rest of the year, do the coaches have responsibility? What if they do next year? For 5 years?
Of course they do but stop saying that we are losing this game because our coaches have not made half time adjustments. We are losing because the players have made some key mistakes in the 2nd half. ~70% about the Jimmys and Joes and 30% about the Xs and Os.

Just as I say nice things about the scheme we run a play where the focused outside option is the trivially easy to cover Donnie Navarro.

QB draw on 3rd and 8. Leads to an inevitable turnover on downs.

RPO is nice but if you can't throw even 10 yards down field, it's gonna get ugly

Reactions: MC_Cat
What ever happened to our 4 star WR recruit from this year? Fleurima? He can’t get on the field with this shitty offense?

Offense makes key penalties to kill drives. Defense makes key penalties to enable drives.
Inept 3rd q after a decent 1st half - Maryland is taking control of the game. Cats can’t keep making penalties to stay in contention.
I am absolutely sure that we were outcoached at halftime? Telling our guys to screw up is not a great coaching strategy. Jeez!

Turnover on downs or INT. How does this next drive end?? The suspense is killing me.

• Haha
I swear to God if I see one more deep shot at Navarro where the CB is barely jogging to keep with him step for step I’m having a conniption fit

When you least suspect it, JON’s poor coaching and system give Maryland the easiest long TD run they could ask for. Wow. How does this guy still have his job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT