ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Purdue

Agree. That said, our gadget plays haven't fooled a single defender on Purdue yet today. Puhleeze.
Our offense reminds me of a guy who is creative up in the booth, but forgets that he is actually playing another team. He has to scheme against Purdue's defense. Every trick play seems to be into their strength (except for the pump fake), and they seem completely prepared. Small things like timing, are simply not there. REAL coordinators scheme against teams, not just in the booth...

The game is surely basically over. We would have to score 11 points to tie...12 to win. And our d would have to prevent further scoring. I cannot imagine any of those things happening. But still we watch!! Man I love NU football! But this is painful!!

I love that call by the announcer, "not a lot of imagination there"! Ya think??!! 1st and 20, 2nd and 20...and the ball never goes past the line of scrimmage...

The game is surely basically over. We would have to score 11 points to tie...12 to win. And our d would have to prevent further scoring. I cannot imagine any of those things happening. But still we watch!! Man I love NU football! But this is painful!!
To quote Miracle Max: "I've seen worse". One penalty, only a couple of chunk plays. Moved it a little with a 4th string QB. It's all we have. Not gonna win, try not to suck

Reactions: eddie_gocats
I love that call by the announcer, "not a lot of imagination there"! Ya think??!! 1st and 20, 2nd and 20...and the ball never goes past the line of scrimmage...
The 2nd and 20 call, getting the ball into Hull's hands one-on-one to make a play, isn't a terrible idea. (There aren't many good 2nd and 20 calls with a backup, walk-on QB.) The defender read it perfectly and was right on top of him as soon as he caught it.

Reactions: drewjin
It just baffles me that our opponents are ALWAYS in position to make the play.

And our defenders usually are not.

Reactions: DaCat
We are “only” down by 11 at the half but why does it feel that it is unattainable for us to make a comeback. Our defense cannot hold and our offense cannot score. This program is bad but boring. The old Cardiac Cats seem such a distant memory.

We are “only” down by 11 at the half but why does it feel that it is unattainable for us to make a comeback. Our defense cannot hold and our offense cannot score. This program is bad but boring. The old Cardiac Cats seem such a distant memory.
Fitz told Jake to put in a few wrinkles and I'd rather go down that way than the predictable and ineffective off-tackle handoff to Hull.

Reactions: mountaindrew
Perhaps it’s because NU has exceeded 14 points — Purdue’s halftime total — only once since September.

But the weather’s been tough.

Pick six. Definitely guarantees a loss.

Edit: not a pick six! We’re still alive!

• Haha
Clear the bench on defense. Play walk on LB’s if necessary or play 5 DL and 6 DB’s. Blitz every single play!

We have to watch Cole go through growing pains, after watching Sullivan do it this year and Hilinski last year... it sucks to be a NU fan lately. We don't even get a two-deep.

Cole is now starting to throw off his back foot, and we'll see Jake do nothing about it.

• Sad
Lou’s report was that Lausch was warming up pregame. Little downside to throwing him in there.
Seems like Fitz doesn't like the next man up idea at the QB position, sticking with guys long after they should be pulled. But it would be nice to give the kid an opportunity to see the field...it's not like we have any momentum on offense we might lose...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT