ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Ohio State vs. Northwestern

It seems so much more effort today. Lewis out there visibly trying to strip the ball from Harrison. DL getting knocked down and continuing to pursue Stroud. Just such a different team, for whatever reason.

Reactions: drewjin
Stroud’s performance so far is hurting his Heisman chances.

Stroud’s performance so far is hurting his Heisman chances.
Good. He’s so GD overrated. Not that he isn’t very good, but he’s far from CFB’s best player. He gets to drive the bus surrounded by the greatest weapons in the sport, hw mostly just has to complete simple passes all day and let his receivers run. Nothing compared to a Young or Hooker who do all that and so much more.

He is making himself a lot of money today. Possible first rounder.

Hull might be opening some eyes on this board as well.
I know you’re referencing my comment that I don’t see him as an NFL guy yet, and I still don’t today, but I’ve been saying he’s a solid Big Ten starting back for over a year, so I’ve been in the pro Hull side of things for awhile.

It’s been EXTREMELY fun to watch Tomi today.

He is making himself a lot of money today. Possible first rounder.

Hull might be opening some eyes on this board as well.

Tomi is nowhere near a possible first rounder. Are you talking about him playing against Paris Johnson?

I know you’re referencing my comment that I don’t see him as an NFL guy yet, and I still don’t today, but I’ve been saying he’s a solid Big Ten starting back for over a year, so I’ve been in the pro Hull side of things for awhile.

I think Toni may end up making a move inside at the next level. If he can put on a little more bulk, I think he could be a very effective 3T DT in the NFL. Would love to see him on the Bears.

Hull could be special teams warrior

Maybe. He has demonstrated impressive physical development each off-season so if he does it again I could see it, I’m just not seeing him as a top 15 CFB RB just yet. Like, JJTBC was a marginal backup NFL guy and Hull isn’t at that level yet imo. Not trying to be insulting, he’s good, I like him, and he could do it.

Disappointing seeing all the red in the west stands. Vast majority of NU ticket holders are well heeled enough to not have to sell their tickets to the enemy. BS.

Agree but not only that. He will be a contributor on offense. With his speed, ability to catch like a WR and ability to block, I see his floor as a 3rd down back who comes in on passing downs.

the Bears drafted Treaten Ebner in the 6th round last year and he is similar to Hull but I think Hull is better.

Agree but not only that. He will be a contributor on offense. With his speed, ability to catch like a WR and ability to block, I see his floor as a 3rd down back who comes in on passing downs.

the Bears drafted Treaten Ebner in the 6th round last year and he is similar to Hull but I think Hull is better.
IMO blocking is one of the things he needs to most improve this off-season. But he a absolutely could.

Maybe. He has demonstrated impressive physical development each off-season so if he does it again I could see it, I’m just not seeing him as a top 15 CFB RB just yet. Like, JJTBC was a marginal backup NFL guy and Hull isn’t at that level yet imo. Not trying to be insulting, he’s good, I like him, and he could do it.
Hull has the prototypical size and speed that the NFL looks for in their Rbs. JJ did not unfortunately.

Hull has the prototypical size and speed that the NFL looks for in their Rbs. JJ did not unfortunately.
I’ll say this and finish the conversation, which I don’t want to become an argument because I’d be very happy if you’re right: my position currently, based on what I see today, is that I don’t agree, but Hull has physically and technically improved considerably every offseason of his career to the point the magnitude of it has shocked me each time, so he could certainly do this again and be more than a marginal prospect next year. I hope he does and stays in purple.

Sully is legit
His legs are as advertised and his arm is better than expected. And he seems to be a "gamer". So while it's still too early to say for sure, he does remind me of Zak Kustok.

Im so confused and annoyed by this shitty Wildcat look. When it’s a look that involves wrinkles and confusion as part of the part of the greater offense, okay. If the extra hat is allowing you to win the up front battle, ok. It’s not doing that, and it’s very annoying.

I do not understand that call. Or our version of the wildcat ever. Just don’t get the thought process there at all.

HOW DO I - A NON FOOTBALL EXPERT - NOT NOTICE THAT OSU IS NOT STOPPING THE ZONE READ YET WE ARE NOT RUNNING IT???? DAMN IT!

I do not understand that call. Or our version of the wildcat ever. Just don’t get the thought process there at all.
The idea behind the wildcat is A> it’s a wrinkle look that lets you do some confusing thjngs, and the TD run was a good example of that (lots of motion, shifts, etc that make life hard for the defense on one play) or B> you get the extra blocker by removing the QB and can win the line battle. Those boring direct plays are trying for B, but that makes zero sense to me since 1. It hasn’t been working at all and 2. Sullivan is a runner and gives you the extra blocker himself without needing to grant the sacrifices that come with the Wildcat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT