ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Ohio State vs. Northwestern

That's the Northwestern D we've come to know. OSU may still put up 40.

The idea behind the wildcat is A> it’s a wrinkle look that lets you do some confusing thjngs, and the TD run was a good example of that (lots of motion, shifts, etc that make life hard for the defense on one play) or B> you get the extra blocker by removing the QB and can win the line battle. Those boring direct plays are trying for B, but that makes zero sense to me since 1. It hasn’t been working at all and 2. Sullivan is a runner and gives you the extra blocker himself without needing to grant the sacrifices that come with the Wildcat.
Yeah clearly Hull and Porter are better runners but Sullivan CAN run and the threat to pass is there.

Reactions: drewjin
I know you’re referencing my comment that I don’t see him as an NFL guy yet, and I still don’t today, but I’ve been saying he’s a solid Big Ten starting back for over a year, so I’ve been in the pro Hull side of things for awhile.

It’s been EXTREMELY fun to watch Tomi today.
He is being held on almost every play

Im so confused and annoyed by this shitty Wildcat look. When it’s a look that involves wrinkles and confusion as part of the part of the greater offense, okay. If the extra hat is allowing you to win the up front battle, ok. It’s not doing that, and it’s very annoying.
It’s not really the Wildcat. There is no QB on the field just a direct snap to the RB with and extra OL on the field.

That last TD is very much on poor decision to go for it on fourth down near midfield.

It’s a field position game and Fitz handed them the field position.,

• Sad
That last TD is very much on poor decision to go for it on fourth down near midfield.

It’s a field position game and Fitz handed them the field position.,

I didn't have a problem with going for it on 4th and inches.

I had a problem with trying to run a play that everyone knows is coming against the #2 ranked team in the country.

Some imagination please????

I really wish when our QB is running around for his life one WR would have an idea -

"Hey, I have an idea, I will run downfield and Sullivan can throw the ball to me".

He's had worse games. OSU has a good D and is playing 10 in the box
This is pretty bad. He has a system in the option game that is clearly working and then is repeatedly going away from it to plays that are killing drives over and over

• Sad
Is Fitz telling him to "hey, hey, I know you are scoring, you have to slow it down, we are trying to lengthen the game today because of the weather"?

I seriously wonder if that is not what is happening because when we were doing hurry up we were motoring along quite well.

Okay calling on last set of downs looked like we’ve decided losing closely is a moral victory.

• Sad
What in the world does three straight handoffs to Hull accomplish.

YOU ARE WITHIN 7 TO THE NO. 2 TEAM IN THE NATION. MAKE THEM FEEL THE PRESSURE.

• Angry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT