ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Rutgers v. NU

We have got to score more points here. This is the same 8 point lead they’ve had too much of the game.

The way this NU team plays hard D without fouling is just astonishing. So disciplined. Lots of hot sauce.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
As Audige scores and we take the lead I screamed like a school girl. So loud my wife’s tushy levitated from the couch

NU in its past couple possessions waiting too long to start its offense and getting bad shots. Bad coaching bad plan on O down the stretch. I hope they watch the tape and see this. They don’t get in the paint and get two bad shots in the most important last possessions.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
Last 2 possessions could t have gone worse. Give up a wide open 3 look to the great shooter then flip the ball away before getting even a look at a shot.

Reactions: ParisCat
Terrible defense out of that Rutgers timeout... you're up 2 with 14 seconds left, why would you simply let them inbound with zero pressure and get into exactly the play they want to run??! Pressure, maybe you disrupt, maybe you get a steal, maybe they have to pass it in to... someone other than exactly who they want to, letting them run a play they just drew up

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Thats the old boo for you. I've said it for 3 years, Buie is terrible with the ball in crunch time. He needs to be on the bench under 2 minutes. He has been consistently unreliable and loose with the ball when it really matters. The ridiculous play could change the whole season. Awful.

Thats the old boo for you. I've said it for 3 years, Buie is terrible with the ball in crunch time. He needs to be on the bench under 2 minutes. He has been consistently unreliable and loose with the ball when it really matters. The ridiculous play could change the whole season. Awful.
Are you kidding me with this take right now?

Kid made a mistake. It was one of many turnovers in the game. Just happened at a bad time. He needs to be on the court in crunch time and they need to have a play that gets the ball into the paint.

Reactions: NUCat320
Are you kidding me with this take right now?
What's wrong with it? I was watching on my phone, so perhaps I missed a flagrant foul. Looked to me like he ran right into traffic and gave away the ball. And it's not the first time. Not mad at him. Just not surprised.

This kind of comment is so lame. Coaching had a lot to do with their coming back in the 2nd half.
I just get so ticked when they have our guys wait to initiate the O until only 10 seconds are left in the shot clock. Let’s be honest, we got a prayer answered when Roper banked the three pointer. That should have been a wasted possession. It was a bad shot delivered by a bad offensive plan in crunch time. Then we had another after it where we waited for the shot clock to run and Audige has to take a really tough shot. It seems so obvious to work the ball for longer to find a better shot, but they are not being asked to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT