ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Rutgers v. NU

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (12-3, 3-1 Big Ten) hosts Rutgers (11-5, 3-2 Big Ten) tonight at Welsh-Ryan Arena at 8 p.m. The game will air on BTN.

Rutgers is one of the few teams that are stingier than Northwestern this season, and this game marks a clash between the best two defensive teams in the Big Ten. The Scarlet Knights rank 4th in points allowed, and 4th in defensive rating. The Wildcats rank 13th in points allowed, and 8th in defensive rating.

Rutgers is looking to bounce back after an uncharacteristic 11-point loss to Iowa where they allowed 76 points, Northwestern is looking to continue to build momentum after a pair of conference wins over Illinois and Indiana.

Wonder what prompted NU's decanting of beers instead of just giving you the can like they had been doing

Win at IU not looking so impressive now
I’ve heard that Bryce-Jordan Arena is typically worth 25 points, so IU probably wins on a neutral court. (Postgame “Uptown Girl” at BJA!? Yeesh!)

Like Ted Lasso’s Jamie Tark, just do it to the tune of Baby Shark.

“Boo boo-ey do do do do do etc.
Barn-hi-zer…
Nich-ol-son…
Chase Au-Deej
Rob-bie Bee
Ty Ber-ree
JOO Lee An

Reactions: GatoLouco
Like Ted Lasso’s Jamie Tark, just do it to the tune of Baby Shark.

“Boo boo-ey do do do do do etc.
Barn-hi-zer…
Nich-ol-son…
Chase Au-Deej
Rob-bie Bee
Ty Ber-ree
JOO Lee An
That’s exactly where I got the inspiration from. Not necessarily Ted Lasso, but English footie. The chant I proposed was one they used for Peter Crouch.

I find it awesome.

Great atmosphere. Both teams really working on both ends. Rutgers plays tough defense.

I know the coach's box is just a suggestion, but Collins has been WAY out on the court already during game play. We don't need a cheap technical.

Collins has been out of the box all year. No technicals yet.

Rutgers is doing a good job packing the paint. Not letting Boo drive.

Shooters need more arc. Shots are flat. Need to use legs.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT