ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern at Washington

My last post and then I'm done for the night. Our administration has to understand that athletes at this level aren't students anymore. We either are going to have a program at this level and make the necessary changes to admitting athletes or we should just drop football.

Reactions: Rebel II
Oh. My. Goodness. We just gave up on the drive after the first down fumble. They score a TD here the game is pretty much over.

Looks like '83.

Should have pulled Hymon after the inexplicable fumble. Giving up on 3rd down. Yikes.

Who am I kidding, the game was basically over since the D is not prepared or in sync today. Poor coverages, poor angles, poor tackling, they look slow. Our only shot was for the D to have a signature game and the O to score enough to win like 20-17.

Hate to say it but Braun ain’t the guy.
He’s the guy to get us through the rough patch of the Fitz firing and the two year nomad period. Beyond that? I remain a skeptic, but he needs to get a year or two post stadium rebuild to show if he is or isn’t the guy.

Reactions: DaCat
Game was over when Porter was listed as Out. Himon is not a between the tackles runner. He should be used in space as a pass catcher only.

My last post and then I'm done for the night. Our administration has to understand that athletes at this level aren't students anymore. We either are going to have a program at this level and make the necessary changes to admitting athletes or we should just drop football.
Sadly neither of those things will happen

Reactions: Jaguar 88
He’s the guy to get us through the rough patch of the Fitz firing and the two year nomad period. Beyond that? I remain a skeptic, but he needs to get a year or two post stadium rebuild to show if he is or isn’t the guy.
He won games with Fitz players. His recruiting stinks and he hired a dud OC and completely botched the QB position in the off-season.

Hes not a Big Ten quality head coach and the Cats need to replace him ASAP.

ESPN has Washington at a 95% win probability. So NU is at least 5% still in it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wright get a shot, especially in the second half. If the Cats can't get anything going here soon, they have to at least try.

He won games with Fitz players. His recruiting stinks and he hired a dud OC and completely botched the QB position in the off-season.

Hes not a Big Ten quality head coach and the Cats need to replace him ASAP.
As you may recall from the reports surrounding his getting the permanent job, virtually nobody had interest in the job the last time around, at least once a lot of the specifics were made clear to them. That won’t change if we move on this off-season. Like it or not, this is where we are through 2027, give or take. Beyond that? Again, I don’t think he will be the answer, but I also have no clue what college football and the Big Ten look like by then, so it is really hard to say.

I’m also not ready to judge Lujan. The talent on offense was terrible when he got here. There’s only so much he can do with no quarterback and a sieve of an offensive line.

Sorry guys I have seen this before and in the same venue. The 1986 OSU-Washington game in Seattle. Total ass kicking and my uncle's worst defeat at OSU. The final was 40-7 and the outcome was obvious before halftime. What scares me is we look like we don't have the horses, especially at QB. The rest of the B1G looks solid, and the QB play all around is pretty good. Putting Wright in isn't the answer either. I am almost hoping that Braun and Lujan pull a Woody ala 1978 and put in Boe, just to see what he can do. Without a QB we are toast. 4 wins will be very hard with what I have seen from our opponents in the B1G this season, with the exception of maybe Purdue and Wisconsin.

The Lausch criticism in this thread is starting to piss me off. It’s his first conference road game against a decent opponent and missing half his offensive line and starting running back.

Defense scoring points.

Also, agree that there's no point in criticizing Lausch in his first start on the road against a solid opponent.

Reactions: RevCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT