ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern at Washington

Boe might be our best quarterback but since he can gets no reps in practice or minimal there's no way to bring him in

Reactions: KappaKat
Lausch is indecisive, not inaccurate. He will improve as the season progresses
Agree. He isn’t seeing it quick enough and lacks confidence to put it where it needs to be but I don’t think he is a lost cause. He is just not ready yet and with all the injuries we don’t have key guys who could take pressure off of him. Porter and Covey being out is huge and now these OL injuries just make things worse. We got guys playing who are not ready to play.

The Lausch criticism in this thread is starting to piss me off. It’s his first conference road game against a decent opponent and missing half his offensive line and starting running back.
Well, listen to the announcers. They are openly criticizing him. Missed open receivers, holding too long, high passes. The guy is 4 of 10 for 26 yds. He got the roses last week, he gets the pricks this week. He's a B1G starting QB. Save your excuses.

It is fair to critique Lausch but piling on “horrible” “pathetic” etc is useless conversation and unnecessary. He is underperforming by any standard but this is a pretty huge task for a guy in his first road start with a depleted OL and starting RB.

Reactions: cattul and RevCat
It is fair to critique Lausch but piling on “horrible” “pathetic” etc is useless conversation and unnecessary. He is underperforming by any standard but this is a pretty huge task for a guy in his first road start with a depleted OL and starting RB.
I blame Braun for not finding a viable transfer QB

1st half has gone as expected. Our decent defense carrying the game with our lackluster offense ending off the first half with a pick after trying to put together a late drive. We can’t win if our offense cannot score.

Agree. There should be an even more damning adjective than "horrible." OL and Porter injury notwithstanding, Lausch at present is spectacularly craptastic.

Two scores down. Um..I'll take it.

Next up, Mike Wright.
Don’t hold your breath. I doubt Braun pulls Lausch in only his second start. I think this is his game. Depending on how the 2nd half goes, they may use the bye week to reevaluate the QB depth chart.

Two scores down. Um..I'll take it.

Next up, Mike Wright.
After that last INT I agree we should see Wright to start the second half. Lausch was doing a bit better but that almost cost us another score and it wasn’t necessary to force a throw as I think it was second down.

We're just horrific on offense. Lausch isn't close to ready for the Big Ten, afraid to let it rip, afraid to make a mistake, etc. The game is going too fast for him right now (I don't mean his running). Being undermanned isn't helping ... but he's needing guys to be open at a level that doesn't really happen in the B1G. Not sure that this helps his progression or creates bad habits.

I appreciate the D's effort. But if you're a team that plays complementary football, there's nothing nice (see what I did there) about the offense right now.

Don’t hold your breath. I doubt Braun pulls Lausch in only his second start. I think this is his game. Depending on how the 2nd half goes, they may use the bye week to reevaluate the QB depth chart.
You could be righ....correct.

We're just horrific on offense. Lausch isn't close to ready for the Big Ten, afraid to let it rip, afraid to make a mistake, etc. The game is going too fast for him right now (I don't mean his running). Being undermanned isn't helping ... but he's needing guys to be open at a level that doesn't really happen in the B1G. Not sure that this helps his progression or creates bad habits.

I appreciate the D's effort. But if you're a team that plays complementary football, there's nothing nice (see what I did there) about the offense right now.
Spot on quick analysis

My last post and then I'm done for the night. Our administration has to understand that athletes at this level aren't students anymore. We either are going to have a program at this level and make the necessary changes to admitting athletes or we should just drop football.
This is the gist of it all, along with getting an innovative coaching staff that will bring in a system that will bring in the 4 star talent to help rebuild the program. Not sure what to think about the immediate future of the program though. I think we have a solid coaching staff, but we can't seem to recruit at the QB position as of late. All I know is that a bowl game isn't even 50/50 anymore if things hold as they are now.

Disagree with the Lausch hate. I actually see some nice physical tools that will shine when the game slows down for him. This season may be more downs than ups, but I think he has ability.

Bigger concern to me is I see no imagination in our play calling (honestly does anyone see a huge diff between McCall, Bajakian, and this right now?), and we seem content to turtle our way to a 48-10 loss and look for moral victories. Should be employing “David” strategies - pun intended - and maybe throwing some funk into our play selection out there to pique interest from higher caliber offensive recruits. There is 100% a punt in our future tonight on fourth and short when we are down four touchdowns inside enemy territory. Don’t see the value in that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT