ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Iowa

Really bad to the end of the 1st half with and arm-tackling for the Iowa td. And why the lack of effort to move the ball with a timeout still in the pocket. Don’t get giving up and running out the clock. Disappointing but still a close winnable game if we can get the offense moving.

Reactions: benoitdenizetl
Yeah all those people that thought he should be our quarterback are probably thinking they were right at this point but it's a small sample
Why? He still sucks. He just has better talent around him at Iowa so he can run. Lausch can do that. Sullivan's throws have been pretty ugly.

Yeah all those people that thought he should be our quarterback are probably thinking they were right at this point but it's a small sample
I've seen enough of our team to know we're the reason Sullivan is putting points on the board.

I’m watching this game and I legitimately like and respect the chippiness (I want my athletes cocky and confident to play well) and I genuinely don’t think he’s good. He’s a little athletic and has done some hints with his legs but Lausch is faster. Sullivan just has Kaleb Johnson and a P5 caliber O line

Stick a fork in this one.

Lack of competitiveness in these losing efforts is pretty disappointing. Iowa isn’t drastically better than NU but they’re still kicking our ass.

We have a few good defensive players, but overall our players are pretty bad and low talent, especially on offense. Our overall coaching is highly questionable. Our administration is unsupportive and our big donors are generous but inefficient by a factor of maybe 50x (ie, if you care about the team being good rather than your name being in buildings you could get the same on-field quality impact from spending 1% of the amount you spent on facilities on NIL).

Not great.

Stick a fork in this one.

Lack of competitiveness in these losing efforts is pretty disappointing. Iowa isn’t drastically better than NU but they’re still kicking our ass.

We have a few good defensive players, but overall our players are pretty bad and low talent, especially on offense. Our overall coaching is highly questionable. Our administration is unsupportive and our big donors are generous but inefficient by a factor of maybe 50x (ie, if you care about the team being good rather than your name being in buildings you could get the same on-field quality impact from spending 1% of the amount you spent on facilities on NIL).

Not great.
Iowa DOES have one of the best Ds we're facing this season. If the goal this season is for Lausch to gain experience, he's getting it. He was thrown into the deep end this season. I'm going to reserve judgment on him until we see what type of growth he shows next season.

Iowa DOES have one of the best Ds we're facing this season. If the goal this season is for Lausch to gain experience, he's getting it. He was thrown into the deep end this season. I'm going to reserve judgment on him until we see what type of growth he shows next season.
Iowa’s defense is high quality, but not materially better than Washington or several others in the Big Ten this year. It’s a clear step back from the unreal defenses they’ve had the past few years. Still good, but can’t win every game by itself.

What a weird and also sad game. In many ways, an ideal Iowa “punts are good!” performance.

After the safety, NU was just terrified of dropping Lausch back. And Iowa kept pinning NU inside the 5. Run run run punt.

I thought NU had some time to pass in the first quarter, but Kirtz is the only outside threat.

So little talent on offense.

And yet, the teams obliterated the over by the start of the fourth. Impressive.

Time to put in Wright today. Not a QB change. Just for today. But we have to see what he can do in game play.

Reactions: MC_Cat
Things more fun to watch than this Northwestern offense: Everything! Literally everything, including watching paint dry, is more entertaining than watching this team trying to play offensive football.

Reactions: MC_Cat
What a weird and also sad game. In many ways, an ideal Iowa “punts are good!” performance.

After the safety, NU was just terrified of dropping Lausch back. And Iowa kept pinning NU inside the 5. Run run run punt.

I thought NU had some time to pass in the first quarter, but Kirtz is the only outside threat.

So little talent on offense.

And yet, the teams obliterated the over by the start of the fourth. Impressive.
Very confused how they were able to overrule the safety call against NU in the first half, but were somehow unable to overrule KJ's touchdown run in the second half because they didn't have a camera angle down the line. It's the same exact call. Not the difference in the game, but a lot of weird calls.

Reactions: NUCat320
Wow! I’m with my wife in New Orleans tonight, missing my first Wildcat game in many years.

Looks like I chose a good one to skip.

What happened? OL? QB? WR? How did it come to this.

it really is stunning that Lausch is still in there. Stunning. We need to see someone else in game play and give Lausch a chance to reset.

Very confused how they were able to overrule the safety call against NU in the first half, but were somehow unable to overrule KJ's touchdown run in the second half because they didn't have a camera angle down the line. It's the same exact call. Not the difference in the game, but a lot of weird calls.
For the safety, the ball has to be completely outside of the end zone. For the touchdown, the ball only needs to touch the goal line.

Wow, so personal. If the insiders are to be believed, Sullivan was informed that he was our 3rd-stringer. Why begrudge him for seeking a better situation?

I agree. And who informed him he was a third stringer? The Great Zach Lujan? Mr. 29 year old Genius?

Good Lawd, we got a looooong way to go.... as the OL gets run over and Lausch takes another huge sack. Grumble grumble bitch bitch whine whine. This is not fun at all.

.... oh, and by the way, it sure is a good thing we didn't beat Wisconsin so that we'd have a better chance against Iowa. /////SSSS

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: FeralFelidae
We are a bad football team. No way around it.

This is pathetic. Gotta admit, Braun and his entire staff look overmatched against pretty much every team we play. Reality check this year.

This is the reality of where the program is right now. Really inconsistent effort quarter to quarter and game to game. Lack of depth, lack of talent to be competitive in this game. A demoralizing blowout.

Reactions: mountaindrew
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT