ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Nebraska

I don’t know who’s going to win but NU appears to want it more.

Are Beery and Lanborg serious, you can't mess up that switch at that point of the game.

Oh well it good the team is always in games and there is something to complain about.

Damn. So much like Wisconsin game. Couldn’t quite take the lead. Tied it up and then offense went to sleep.

Buie couldn't buy a bucket. Need a lot more from him to win on the road. Brooks almost willed us to a win but damn so many missed 3's in the last 5 minutes.

Are Beery and Lanborg serious, you can't mess up that switch at that point of the game.

Oh well it good the team is always in games and there is something to complain about.
Langborg was giving Berry the wtf gesture as Tominaga’s shot went up. I don’t understand how two dudes can both leave the other team’s best shooter with five on the shot clock…as he’s headed for a handoff.

I really thought NU was going to gut it into overtime.

Reactions: ballerog711
Damn. So much like Wisconsin game. Couldn’t quite take the lead. Tied it up and then offense went to sleep.
In both cases, the home teams earned the wins with some cold blooded shots down the stretch while we missed shots and turned it over. We did some good things this game, but also had some weak spots exposed and exploited (e.g. Luke Hunger's defense). It's tough to win on the road in the Big Ten.

Langborg was giving Berry the wtf gesture as Tominaga’s shot went up. I don’t understand how two dudes can both leave the other team’s best shooter with five on the shot clock…as he’s headed for a handoff.

I really thought NU was going to gut it into overtime.
If at any point in the last 7 minutes Buie would have just found it and been able to make his normal percentage of floaters and weird layups NU would have comfortably won imo. Never happened.

Reactions: NUCat320
Felt very much like the Wisconsin game. Was right there. Great effort but we need to win one or two of these road games or there will be major pressure to win almost all the home games. 6 more B1G wins puts us squarely on the bubble but likely out. 7 more B1G wins likely gets us in. 8 more B1G wins is a dance lock.

Why we didn't go back to Brooks more at the end, I don't know!
Should have gotten into the paint when we had closed the gap.
Nebraska was reeling.
Barnhizer was on fire and they couldn't do anything to stop Nicholson from dunking.

Would have liked a switch to Martinelli for a few possessions to punish the Huskers inside - get on the offensive boards, although I can understand why Collins would stay with the same 5... DeCourcy was all over that in the post game. "Northwestern was killing Nebraska in the paint and on the offensive boards and when they had the chance to take the lead they reverted to shooting threes instead of staying with what got them back in the game."

Langborg missing that 2nd free throw to take the lead seemed to derail the momentum.

Might want to re think the Preston/Hunger switch.

Preston is more physical/active on defense and does not give you much on offense. He does do a great job sealing his man Boo or Ty drive to the basket.

Hunger has only produced 8 point, 7 rebounds and 8 fouls in the last 40 minutes, over last 4 games.

I like the better defense and rebounding. Especially since the real MN has returned.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT