ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Wisconsin

Braun can't be like Fitz. He needs to be able to admit he made a mistake.

It is not unexpected that our D under McGarigle is a definite step up from JON but a step down from the genius of Hank. That’s why we need a much more potent offense, we won’t be able to compete with many of the teams on defense alone (Oregon, USC, OSU, PSU, even Indiana and Nebraska).
Special Teams might as well suck today too. Overall NU looks somewhat unprepared.
All the breaks we got against Maryland are going against us now. Pretty brutal to still have zero.
Last week was fools gold.
I can’t believe what I just watched. Lujan is in over his head.
If you don't have a QB you don't have anything. Not difficult.

After the false start the stars were already aligned for taking a knee yet still the bone headed decision to try a pass from your goal line. F for Lujan and Braun there, so reckless.
Braun needs to address who was responsible for that play call and hold them accountable. A completely unnecessary and devastating blow to your entire team.

Take a knee and it’s a one-score game with the defense feeling good about stonewalling them on third and 1.

Jesus. Is Lujan… actually a moron?

Unforgivable decision. Absolute disaster.

Bad execution by Lausch but that’s 100% on Lujan and Braun for putting him in that position.

Really brutal giving up the late td via fumble. Big difference being down 14-0 vs 7-0 at the half. Defense has performed. Offense has been awful.
We fans were frustrated when Fitz would settle for a 7-0 deficit going into halftime, but this is why. Calling a pass play in that situation was daring but turned out to be stupid.

Fitz +1

Well, that was certainly deflating. The coaches seem to make some bonehead decisions in tight situations.

We fans were frustrated when Fitz would settle for a 7-0 deficit going into halftime, but this is why. Calling a pass play in that situation was daring but turned out to be stupid.

Fitz +1
I mean… no, I would not be frustrated settling for down 7-0 with 50 seconds left and a 1st and 15 from a yard line where a safety is a risk.

1st and 10 from the 30-35? Yeah, I’d be pissed to kneel.

I mean… no, I would not be frustrated settling for down 7-0 with 50 seconds left and a 1st and 15 from a yard line where a safety is a risk.

1st and 10 from the 30-35? Yeah, I’d be pissed to kneel.
Agreed, there’s no excuse for trying for a pass play on 1st and 15 from your own 8 yard line with 47 seconds on the clock. This decision is on Braun.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Agreed, there’s no excuse for trying for a pass play on 1st and 15 from your own 8 yard line with 47 seconds on the clock. This decision is on Braun.
We will learn a lot about the character of this team in the next 30 minutes. There is a not insignificant risk that the boneheaded call from Braun/Lujan is a tipping point that costs this team bowl eligibility. We will see.

Kirtz limping after punt return. Please use someone else!

We will learn a lot about the character of this team in the next 30 minutes. There is a not insignificant risk that the boneheaded call from Braun/Lujan is a tipping point that costs this team bowl eligibility. We will see.
Not sure about THAT ... in the sense that, we'd be down 7 with a terrible QB, minus our best playmaker, short on defense, and very unlikely to win either way. But it's not about THAT ---- it's about a decision so stupid that anyone paying attention to the game wouldn't make it, regardless of age or awareness of football.

It's risky with a good, proven QB, a strong OL, and a good kicker.

We have a bad QB (let's be kind and say inexperienced) playing horribly, a weak OL, and a kicker who is a good punter. We had to go about 70 yards JUST TO TRY A DAMN FIELD GOAL.

Your coaches cannot cost you 7 points in a game with inarguably terrible decision making. Maybe more with the 4th down crap earlier. But at least those were arguable. This was one of the dumbest decisions I've seen in a long time.

Procedural penalty rate is absolutely insane.

Has to be the worst in the Big Ten. Maybe the nation? That’s also on Lujan.

Reactions: 2388bb
If these players are making NIL bucks now, then they should be able to be fined when they make stupid false start penalties on 3rd and goal. Unbelievable.

Hooray. I wish I was more excited about that turnover. But the offense...

Drop by Gordon was the killer on the series. Team effort by the offense to try to lose this game.

Yep... as expected. Nothing
Lujan should have a short contract. The decisionmaking and procedural penalties are on coaching and do not have to do with inheriting a talent deficit.

But we do need to find $$$ for a couple OL, RB and WR or we’re cooked next year.

Lujan should have a short contract. The decisionmaking and procedural penalties are on coaching and do not have to do with inheriting a talent deficit.

But we do need to find $$$ for a couple OL, RB and WR or we’re cooked next year.
Seems like both Mueller and sores are out of the game which really hurts as the defense is now letting them move quite effectively

It’s also on the players too. Dropped balls, penalties, blocked kicks, etc.

Seems like both Mueller and sores are out of the game which really hurts as the defense is now letting them move quite effectively
That would explain it. D still played well enough. We got nothing out of the turnovers they generated. Should have had minimum FGs out of those, and a TD off the drive where we has 1st and goal inside the 5. That would be 13 points and a one score game right now.

I have come to the conclusion that Maryland is a horrific football team

You mean like that play, holding when we're down 3 scores and trying to find a shred of hope?

Sustained drive with a td is a killer. Defense did their part today. Our offense had a lot of missed opportunities with penalties and fumbles. Disappointing game for the offense. Game should be closer with the turnovers made by the Badgers in this game.

Penalties terrible play calls dropped passes poor QB decisions missed FG and numerous players hurt..no surprise we loose this game

Cannot fault the defense at all today. The offense is a massive shit show, it begins at the top and goes down to the players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT