ADVERTISEMENT

Game was over when Nicholson Broke his foot

True, when we got this bracket with UConn there was virtually no chance of getting through to the sweet sixteen without Nicholson.

Reactions: loyolacat
True, when we got this bracket with UConn there was virtually no chance of getting through to the sweet sixteen without Nicholson.
UConn is the best team I’ve seen so far this year; and I’ve watched more college basketball than I usually do.

They’ve bottled up Boo.

Reactions: SimpsonElmwood
Could have been in this one - mind you just in it, not like winning - if we'd shot okay in the first half. Got some good looks but clanked em.
We’ve also had a bunch of bad turnovers.

We needed to play nearly perfect to win this. We played like ass. Flush it!

Turnovers and missed shots would not have been so plentiful had UCONN not gotten by with pushing us around with impunity!

Reactions: EagerFan

Even then, I think the best the ‘Cats could have done was maybe keep it inside double digits. I don’t think they were that terrible, UConn is just that good.

At full strength, playing their best ball (like in West Lafayette), they may have had a shot at the end to beat the defending (and possible repeat) national champions. Not sure I’ve ever felt that way about any NU squad. Pretty cool.

I’ll miss watching this team play.

Downer that the game was over half way through the first. Game was not fun, but the season was superb with way more highs than lows. If healthy, we would had switched seeds with the highly over rated badgers and still be playing.

Having said that, UConn would beat NU 9 out of 10 times WITH Ty and Big Matt. I have little doubt in my mind about that. Nothing to be embarrassed about, UConn has few weaknesses to exploit. They will need to play poorly to lose and their opponent will need to be in top form.

Disappointing that injuries derailed what likely could have been a run to the Sweet 16, but unfortunately, injuries are part of the game and all too well for the program.

But with that being the case, the team made the most out of a shortened roster and made Cat fans excited and proud.

Could have been in this one - mind you just in it, not like winning - if we'd shot okay in the first half. Got some good looks but clanked em.
But let's be honest... the missed shots were by guys who weren't really our best shooters. This was by design. UConn was willing to let Brooks and Nick shoot all day because they scouted our team pretty well. The shots that Boo missed were a bit forced because he was defended so well.

Thinking of what could have been is sort of a saccharin sweet pastime. If MC and TB never got injured, NU likely would have had a couple more wins in the regular season, gotten a better seeding in the tournament and made it to the sweet 16. The team really had a lot going for it before the injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT