ADVERTISEMENT

Gi'Bran Payne

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
Really nice article on NU making his top 5. Once again illustrates the difference between a Northwestern offer and an "offer" from Notre Dame, Penn State and Alabama.

"while there might be some bigger targets higher on Notre Dame’s board, Payne is a real option that could play out"
"Somewhere on [Penn State's] list is Payne but there are names ahead of him right now"
"The feeling is that Alabama could be in wait-and-see mode when it comes to Payne for numerous reasons but mainly because there could be some running backs higher on the board"

I don't think it's an overstatement to say Payne would be the biggest RB commit for NU since at least Justin Jackson.

Last edited:
Really nice article on NU making his top 5. Once again illustrates the difference between a Northwestern offer and an "offer" from Notre Dame, Penn State and Alabama.

"while there might be some bigger targets higher on Notre Dame’s board, Payne is a real option that could play out"
"Somewhere on [Penn State's] list is Payne but there are names ahead of him right now"
"The feeling is that Alabama could be in wait-and-see mode when it comes to Payne for numerous reasons but mainly because there could be some running backs higher on the board"

I don't think it's an overstatement to say Payne would be the biggest RB commit for NU since at least Justin Jackson.

That is why Bowser left! He is from same school as Larkin and Porter! We need to make Larkin an assistant coach!

Normally I believe a player should go wherever he wants and compete for a job. But that RB depth chart at Alabama would make me think twice about enrolling in Tuscaloosa.

I think playing for a rock star head coach, at a top 10 football school, with top 10 academics and facilities, while being surrounded by great people doing great things, is probably the best reason to choose NU.

GOUNUII

Oh, and how about an offensive line that dominated an SEC program and is only getting better?

In case anyone forgot NU's first drive of the 4th quarter in the Citrus Bowl:
  • 1st & 10 at 50
    (14:00 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 19 yds to the Aub 31 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at AUB 31
    (13:45 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 9 yds to the Aub 22
  • 2nd & 1 at AUB 22
    (13:15 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 4 yds to the Aub 18 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at AUB 18
    (13:10 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 8 yds to the Aub 10
    (13:03 - 4th) Timeout AUBURN, clock 13:03
  • 2nd & 2 at AUB 10
    (12:45 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 4 yds to the Aub 6 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & Goal at AUB 6
    (12:30 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 5 yds to the Aub 1
  • 2nd & Goal at AUB 1
    (12:13 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 1 yd for a TD, (Charlie Kuhbander KICK)

Oh, and how about an offensive line that dominated an SEC program and is only getting better?

In case anyone forgot NU's first drive of the 4th quarter in the Citrus Bowl:
  • 1st & 10 at 50
    (14:00 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 19 yds to the Aub 31 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at AUB 31
    (13:45 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 9 yds to the Aub 22
  • 2nd & 1 at AUB 22
    (13:15 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 4 yds to the Aub 18 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at AUB 18
    (13:10 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 8 yds to the Aub 10
    (13:03 - 4th) Timeout AUBURN, clock 13:03
  • 2nd & 2 at AUB 10
    (12:45 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 4 yds to the Aub 6 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & Goal at AUB 6
    (12:30 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 5 yds to the Aub 1
  • 2nd & Goal at AUB 1
    (12:13 - 4th) Cam Porter run for 1 yd for a TD, (Charlie Kuhbander KICK)
I recently watched the 60 minute replay of the Citrus Bowl. The above sequence represents a flattering picture of NU's running game in Orlando

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT