ADVERTISEMENT

Glades

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
What ever happened to Glades? I recall he was not the most fit guy around here - I hope he did not fall to COVID. Anybody know him? Know if he is still chasing bugs?

What ever happened to Glades? I recall he was not the most fit guy around here - I hope he did not fall to COVID. Anybody know him? Know if he is still chasing bugs?
He just posted on the PM board (aka the new rant board). He seems fine, although he's really steamed about one political party's total denial of our most serious threat, other than Putin. If you'd behave yourself, you would already know that.

He just posted on the PM board (aka the new rant board). He seems fine, although he's really steamed about one political party's total denial of our most serious threat, other than Putin. If you'd behave yourself, you would already know that.
I thought Glades was concerned about the environment, not Biden

That's like saying NU is doing something with their basketball program and Duke is not.
Until @Gladeskat gets back on that bicycle, rides across Florida and the mid-South, and posts about it… what’s the point?

He set a new standard on these boards when he did that many years ago.

Until @Gladeskat gets back on that bicycle, rides across Florida and the mid-South, and posts about it… what’s the point?

He set a new standard on these boards when he did that many years ago.
That wasn't at all my point, but you are correct, Glades has set a number of standards on this board.

You know... I can't help but notice that Glades stopped posting here around the same time that Turk and all his alter-egos seemed to stop. Was this perhaps the biggest ruse in message board history??

Now, I know some of you will swear that you know both Glades and Turk personally, but I think you are just part of the conspiracy!!!

You know... I can't help but notice that Glades stopped posting here around the same time that Turk and all his alter-egos seemed to stop. Was this perhaps the biggest ruse in message board history??

Now, I know some of you will swear that you know both Glades and Turk personally, but I think you are just part of the conspiracy!!!
Glades could put Turk in his hip pocket.

I have seen them both in the same place simultaneously, so if you are correct, they could go on tour as the greatest magic act of all time. I swear I'm not in on this, unless their illusion is paranormal.

Last edited:

Guy sneaks into the library, looks around furtively, and asks the librarian: "Do you have any books about conspiracies?" She leans over and whispers "They're right behind you"

Man that would be weird.

Ha- Many on here know them both well. I am not one of those, but have met each of them once several years ago. I will agree with No Chores about Turk fitting in Glades’ hip pocket!

Reactions: Titanium999
MidvaleDave did not take kindly to Wrassler-0-rama.
Is that why he stopped posting here? He's been away from this board for so long that I couldn't remember if there was any overlap between the midvale and wrassler posting careers.

Is that why he stopped posting here? He's been away from this board for so long that I couldn't remember if there was any overlap between the midvale and wrassler posting careers.
He had some personal and family issues going on, which I don't know much about, so not appropriate to mention beyond that.

He got fed up with GOP assholes here making disparaging false remarks about him. Decided he liked social media interacting with people he knows from Kenosha better rather than GOP assholes who spread lies and conspiracies all the time.

Reactions: EvanstonCat
He had some personal and family issues going on, which I don't know much about, so not appropriate to mention beyond that.

Nah. It was the GOP assholes, even though MVD is a conservative. They took the fun out of NU football games and message boards for him.

Reactions: rmndcat
He got fed up with GOP assholes here making disparaging false remarks about him. Decided he liked social media interacting with people he knows from Kenosha better rather than GOP assholes who spread lies and conspiracies all the time.
Well, it wasn't me.

Nonsense!

Nah. It was the GOP assholes, even though MVD is a conservative. They took the fun out of NU football games and message boards for him.
No longer a Rant Board, thank God, so tell him to come back. (So sayeth a very conservative forever Republican, who got along very well with both you and MVD. :)

I think Glades needs a rant board. He has a bunch of ranting he needs to get out of his system.

You're damn right. I hate all of this extremist BS (elsewhere). I go to social media and end up arguing science with idiots and conspiracy jerks all day.

Go Cats!

Last edited:
No longer a Rant Board, thank God, so tell him to come back. (So sayeth a very conservative forever Republican, who got along very well with both you and MVD. :)

Hear hear. Before I came back to this board last June, I was gone for about ten years, and was wondering (and worried) about what happened to MVD. Of the maybe six or seven total guys on this board that I have actually met and spent some real time with (including Turk and Smithee and a couple others), Dave was at the top of the list. Good people. Very glad to hear from Glades that he's still around, and I assume still throwing darts. I would LOVE to see him back on The Rock.

He of course had one of the all time great Sig Pics, right there with Glades' Gangster Cat.

Last edited:
That is a shame, as Midvale was a good poster. Not surprising, though, as the Rant Board particularly was a Board where civil discourse and rational thinking went to die. As a side note, a number of other posters left these Boards due to lies and disparaging ad hominems spewed by certain liberals, so I guess it somewhat balanced out.

R.40b052a96ae059769734d5220769f74e

That is a shame, as Midvale was a good poster. Not surprising, though, as the Rant Board particularly was a Board where civil discourse and rational thinking went to die. As a side note, a number of other posters left these Boards due to lies and disparaging ad hominems spewed by certain liberals, so I guess it somewhat balanced out.

From what I know his leaving had nothing to do with politics or political discussions on the rant board.

From what I know his leaving had nothing to do with politics or political discussions on the rant board.

My apologies for dragging politics here after arguing with Trumper science-hating idiots on Twitter and Youtube. This had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with assholes. I was an asshole and dragged politics over here into it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT