ADVERTISEMENT

Glover back in portal

Seems unlikely for him to transfer back since he left after already getting to know Braun and McGarigle. It’s likely he will still have power five options so I’m not sure what would convince him to try new again aside from potential playing time.A

Seems unlikely for him to transfer back since he left after already getting to know Braun and McGarigle. It’s likely he will still have power five options so I’m not sure what would convince him to try new again aside from potential playing time.A

That’s complete conjecture on your part…the trend of guys transferring back to their original school seems more prevalent these days. The QB from Arkansas is headed back to North Carolina.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
That’s complete conjecture on your part…the trend of guys transferring back to their original school seems more prevalent these days. The QB from Arkansas is headed back to North Carolina.
I sure hope so, and yes, it is total conjecture. Question is, will he have options with NIL attached, which at this point would be based on high school ranking, and the fact that he had a cup of coffee at OSU, and if so, can we compete with that?

I sure hope so, and yes, it is total conjecture. Question is, will he have options with NIL attached, which at this point would be based on high school ranking, and the fact that he had a cup of coffee at OSU, and if so, can we compete with that?
I have no idea if NU wants him or if he is considering NU. But I’m fairly sure that NIL has nothing to do with it. He wasn’t going to be on the three deep at OSU. We’re not talking about a superstar.

Let’s get out of our heads that everything comes down to NIL and that Northwestern is always gonna be behind. That’s just not always the issue.

I have no idea if NU wants him or if he is considering NU. But I’m fairly sure that NIL has nothing to do with it. He wasn’t going to be on the three deep at OSU. We’re not talking about a superstar.

Let’s get out of our heads that everything comes down to NIL and that Northwestern is always gonna be behind. That’s just not always the issue.

Very true. I’m not even sure Glover was on scholarship at OSU.

Wow, so Nu’s top recruit isn’t even worthy of a schlorship at OSU. That’s scary.
I'm surprised YOU'RE surprised at that. OSU annually has one of the top recruiting classes in all of college football. That's just the reality: NU will always have less talent than OSU.

He transferred when everything seemed like it was going to hell.
That is what I thought. It may have been a rash decision but not an unreasonable one especially with ND in the wings. I'd be happy if NU brought him back and Om if NU doesn't.

I always worry about kids and cases like these - sincerely just trying to find the best opportunity for himself but in the process failing to plant any roots anywhere, no building relationships with teammates or coaches, zero academic momentum...then maybe winds up playing a year at a big time school with half as many credits as he should have, or a couple years at a MAC school.

I always worry about kids and cases like these - sincerely just trying to find the best opportunity for himself but in the process failing to plant any roots anywhere, no building relationships with teammates or coaches, zero academic momentum...then maybe winds up playing a year at a big time school with half as many credits as he should have, or a couple years at a MAC school.
Geez, he's been at 1 school. Still has 4 years of eligibility left, assuming he didn't play last year. Can completely understand his recommit from NU. Give him a chance to get settled......

Reactions: Deeringfish
If you don’t make three deep you lose scholarship?
I am not sure any program actually says this, but the reality of the situation now is players are being strongly encouraged to look at other opponents when they don’t work out.

The pendulum has swung so much in favor of the players with NIL, immediate transfers, etc, that strangely, this doesn’t even bother me. As long as programs are honest with recruits when they come in, let the buyer beware. It doesn’t take much to see what programs/coaches historically do. With the rewards come the spoils.

I'm surprised YOU'RE surprised at that. OSU annually has one of the top recruiting classes in all of college football. That's just the reality: NU will always have less talent than OSU.
The 2023 class was arguably our best recruiting class in the last two decades. The class was decimated after the scandal. If the top kid in our class isn’t equivalent to the 22nd in the class to OSU then we are basically saying all 85 OSU players are considered more talented than anyone at NU. I have a little more faith in our talent than that. No one would ever argue NU has anywhere near the talent of OSU but our top half dozen players should be able to earn an OSU scholarship.

A lot of times, yes. Always, no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT