ADVERTISEMENT

Go Iowa?

Bwm57

Sep 12, 2011
On one hand I want a B1G team in the CPF.
On the other hand I greatly enjoy seeing Michigan lose.
Somewhat torn.
Probably not going to be an issue anyway.

We could've had these guys with Ben Bryant. I know, they had injuries too, we had our shot, blah blah blah.

So close.

Go cats.

Reactions: zeek55
Man, Iowa can play defense. Dang.
I really wish they hadn’t bungled their special teams coverage on that punt. This would be a 3-0 game. Not that Iowa really has much of a chance, but to have a chance they needed to be almost mistake free. The punt return and their fumble in FG range are a 10 point swing which they’ve not shown the ability to outscore.

Last edited:
We could've had these guys with Ben Bryant. I know, they had injuries too, we had our shot, blah blah blah.

So close.

Go cats.
Bryant would have won the Nebraska game, but I didn't think Sully was the problem against Iowa. I'm not sure Bryant would've made that much of a difference.

We lost that game because the special teams gave up a blocked punt that led to Iowa's touchdown, then the defense played soft on the final drive and let Iowa get into field goal range and kick the go-ahead field goal.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Iowa can play great D, but their offense is non existent. I am also not sure that U of M is going to get past the first game of the playoff either, unless they are dialing it down on purpose, which I can believe at this point. Hopefully Iowa can hang in there and keep it respectable. The whole thing is sort of sad, this might be the last time for awhile that a legacy team from the Western Conference other than Michigan plays in the title game.

Bryant would have won the Nebraska game, but I didn't think Sully was the problem against Iowa. I'm not sure Bryant would've made that much of a difference.

We lost that game because the special teams gave up a blocked punt that led to Iowa's touchdown, then the defense played soft on the final drive and let Iowa get into field goal range and kick the go-ahead field goal.

Bryant would have made a world of difference vs. Iowa. To say a game was lost because of two plays is not very smart.

Hawkeyes got shafted on that fumble call. It was ruled an incomplete pass on the field, so everyone stopped playing and a Michigan defender happened to pick up the ball. That's a joke.

Bryant would have made a world of difference vs. Iowa. To say a game was lost because of two plays is not very smart.
The final drive was more than one play. That's what you imply with your statement, which is not very smart. It's also factually wrong.

The lack of running game was a big factor too. The 'Cats couldn't pick up a yard near the goal and turned it over on downs.

Reactions: NUCat320
The final drive was more than one play. That's what you imply with your statement, which is not very smart. It's also factually wrong.

The lack of running game was a big factor too. The 'Cats couldn't pick up a yard near the goal and turned it over on downs.

Having a passing threat like Bryant opens up the running game. Iowa would not have been able to stack the box quite as much. Bryant would have made a world of difference vs Iowa.

Bryant > Sullivan

And the final “drive” was virtually one play (the long pass); but you knew that…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT