ADVERTISEMENT

Gragg

Pulmocat

Aug 17, 2003
Baseball team in shambles, football team in shambles, men's swimming in shambles according to Federico Burdisso (our Olympic gold medalist).

It's insane that he is still employed.

As an aside, I wish someone would reach out to Burdisso and find out what he was referring to in the Swim Swam article article. Seems our head coach at the time was highly regarded at Swim Swam which leads me to think the problem was Gragg

Baseball team in shambles, football team in shambles, men's swimming in shambles according to Federico Burdisso (our Olympic gold medalist).

As an aside, I wish someone would reach out to Burdisso and find out what he was referring to in the Swim Swam article article. Seems our head coach at the time was highly regarded at Swim Swam which leads me to think the problem was Gragg
AD Gag is more like it

As an aside, I wish someone would reach out to Burdisso and find out what he was referring to in the Swim Swam article article. Seems our head coach at the time was highly regarded at Swim Swam which leads me to think the problem was
Don't forget wrestling team lost top three covid year wrestlers to Michigan although National Champs in Lacrosse and second in country in Field Hockey and Ncaa in basketball. All is not doom and gloom in Evanston.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

Gragg should be fired for baseball alone. He should be further embarrassed for football. But if we’re counting pluses and minuses, he should get credit for not firing Collins when most fans wanted him to.

Don't forget wrestling team lost top three covid year wrestlers to Michigan although National Champs in Lacrosse and second in country in Field Hockey and Ncaa in basketball. All is not doom and gloom in Evanston.
Don't lump wrestling in with the others. There's a very logical reason they left. Not ideal for the strength of our program, but not the same as FB or baseball.

Gragg should be fired for baseball alone. He should be further embarrassed for football. But if we’re counting pluses and minuses, he should get credit for not firing Collins when most fans wanted him to.
Going to second all these thoughts.

The baseball situation has become such a disaster (with Gragg's chosen hire) that his handling of that mess alone should eventually lead to his dismissal.

Reactions: ricko654321
Please. He didn’t fire CCC because he couldn’t drum up the buy out. He gets no credit for not firing him. Some people even hilariously give him kudos for his “tough worded threat”. He has done absolutely nothing positive since he got here.

A funny thing about Fitz and Collins (and the coaches who came before them, and Gragg's predecessors for that matter): they are all extremely accessible to the very small Northwestern fan base.

I used to email Phillips and get responses back at 5 a.m., because he was a sicko who operated like that. I remember emailing Mark Murphy as well and getting clearly personal responses. I've talked to Fitz (passingly) so many times at events that I stopped even bothering to make the effort because it was so commonplace.

I think some of our coaches last longer than they "should" because almost anyone can meet them more than once, have a conversation and become ingratiated. How many Bama fans do you think have talked to Nick Saban or the Bama AD?

A funny thing about Fitz and Collins (and the coaches who came before them, and Gragg's predecessors for that matter): they are all extremely accessible to the very small Northwestern fan base.

I used to email Phillips and get responses back at 5 a.m., because he was a sicko who operated like that. I remember emailing Mark Murphy as well and getting clearly personal responses. I've talked to Fitz (passingly) so many times at events that I stopped even bothering to make the effort because it was so commonplace.

I think some of our coaches last longer than they "should" because almost anyone can meet them more than once, have a conversation and become ingratiated. How many Bama fans do you think have talked to Nick Saban or the Bama AD?
Where have you talked to Gragg? You must be a heavy hitter. The only time I have ever seen him is the first half of a football or basketball game. Some claim he is Hob knobbin with the mucky mucks in the second half. I think he is in Glenview having a plate of Spaghetti.

Where have you talked to Gragg? You must be a heavy hitter. The only time I have ever seen him is the first half of a football or basketball game. Some claim he is Hob knobbin with the mucky mucks in the second half. I think he is in Glenview having a plate of Spaghetti.
^ ^ ^ Notably, I've never talked to Gragg, my post referred to his predecessors and the coaches...not him.

Please. He didn’t fire CCC because he couldn’t drum up the buy out. He gets no credit for not firing him. Some people even hilariously give him kudos for his “tough worded threat”. He has done absolutely nothing positive since he got here.
Exactly... and that press release regarding his meeting with Collins, which you describe as a "tough worded threat," did wonders for basketball recruiting!

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT